Joe

Default Help with Kitchen Sink Soap Dispenser

We have a soap dispenser installed on our kitchen sink. This is one
with a plastic bottle under the sink and a pump handle with a
dispenser on the top.

When you push the pump handle, soap is dispensed through the handle.

This had been working fine for quite some time. Then it became
difficult to dispense and I diluted the soap somewhat. It again worked
okay for a while.

Now it will not pump any thing at all. My wife is frustrated. She
spent several minutes pumping and nothing comes out.

She wants me to replace the pump with a new one.

This is an option, but is there anything I could try before I go
through the effort and expense of a new dispenser?

Thanks,
Joe

Edwin Pawlowski

"Joe" wrote in message
. She
spent several minutes pumping and nothing comes out.

I've had that happen too, espcially as I get older. Worth the wait
though!

She wants me to replace the pump with a new one.

This is an option, but is there anything I could try before I go
through the effort and expense of a new dispenser?

There is not much to those pumps. If it is worn I doubt you'll find
replacement parts. Probably easiest to buy a new one.

C & M

"Joe" wrote in message
news
We have a soap dispenser installed on our kitchen sink. This is one
with a plastic bottle under the sink and a pump handle with a
dispenser on the top.

snip

This is an option, but is there anything I could try before I go
through the effort and expense of a new dispenser?

Thanks,
Joe

Hi Joe, those things get gummed up sometimes and just need the coating of
semi-dried soap loosened. Pull the stem up out of the bottle and hold it in
some
hot water (just use the hot water tap). Try to work some of the hot water
up
into the dispenser. Whether or not you can accomplish this, lay the entire
thing
down in a pan of hot water and allow it to soak for 15 minutes and then, try
again.
When you get it pumping you can just place it back into the bottle and use
as
normal. Perhaps you should try a different brand of soap. We just use Dawn
and haven't had any trouble. The dispenser at work is another story.

Norminn

I tried a free-standing pump bottle to keep dish deterg. handy and not
have the store bottle sitting out. Pumps don't stand up, for some
reason. I have a lotion bottle from bed/bath store, and bought a
straight spout cork thingy intended for wine bottles. I have to dilute
the deterg., but at least have a pretty bottle sitting next to my sink
full of dirty dishes )
Colbyt

"Joe" wrote in message
news
We have a soap dispenser installed on our kitchen sink. This is one
with a plastic bottle under the sink and a pump handle with a
dispenser on the top.

When you push the pump handle, soap is dispensed through the handle.

This had been working fine for quite some time. Then it became
difficult to dispense and I diluted the soap somewhat. It again worked
okay for a while.

Now it will not pump any thing at all. My wife is frustrated. She
spent several minutes pumping and nothing comes out.

She wants me to replace the pump with a new one.

This is an option, but is there anything I could try before I go
through the effort and expense of a new dispenser?

Thanks,
Joe

Try the hot water trick first.

The good news is that most of those pumps are interchangeable meaning you
don't have to change out the entire unit body. You just buy a new pumper at
a real plumbing supply place. I doubt the borgs stock them.

Colbyt

Robatoy

In article nJK9f.995$y23.226@trndny08, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

. She
spent several minutes pumping and nothing comes out.

I've had that happen too, espcially as I get older. Worth the wait
though!

....somebody stop me....
Joe

Thank you so much. Soaking the old soap out did the trick.

There is a wealth of knowledge in this world. And it is really nice
that so many are willing to share it.

"C & M" wrote:

news