DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What to use to drill hole in steel door? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/127396-re-what-use-drill-hole-steel-door.html)

Heathcliff October 31st 05 11:25 PM

What to use to drill hole in steel door?

wrote:
What do i use to drill a hole in steel door for the knob?
I got a hole saw, but the steel (tin) will destroy the teeth on it.
I know the inside of the door is wood, but the outer covering is
metal. The only way I can see is to drill about 50 small holes around
the needed circle size, but that seems like a pain.

Any suggestions?

I agree with the other posters who said a good hole saw should do it.
A while back I had to replace a power window motor in my car, which
required drilling a one-inch hole in the inside sheet metal of the door
to get at one of the bolts. It was surprisingly fast and easy with the
hole saw. -- H