JOHN D

Default HVAC Rheem drain pan needed

I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

Stretch

John

It will depend on the age of the unit. I tried to get a drain pan for
a 18 year old Comfort maker indoor unit and they were out of stock and
no more will be made. If it is only a few years old you will likely
have better luck. You should post the full model and serial numbers
for best results.

However, we don't sell parts to customers as we are not a parts
supplier, we sell our labor as well. We are a contractor. But someone
else may sell you one. All companies have different policies.

Good luck

Stretch

Dr. Hardcrab

"JOHN D" wrote in message
I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

Yes, I believe anyone can sell you one IF they have one. I would go with
your local Rheem dealer to be sure....

SQLit

"JOHN D" wrote in message
I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

Find a sheetmetal shop that does small jobs. Once you have the dimensions
it should be child's play to have one made, possibly out of heaver gauge
material.

JOHN D

"JOHN D" wrote in message
I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

I have allready done the research to determine that the RXCH-A14

Horizontal Drain Pan Kit is the correct one.
It's a 25 yearl old Montgomerery Wards unit made by Rheem. I called Rheem
and gave them all the numbers from the original intallation manuals and the
actual Rheem numbers stamped on the A coil. I would like to have the part on
hand and verify that it's really is the correct one, when I call someone to
install it. I had one ordered from a HVAC surplus seller but it turned out
they didn't have it.

HeyBub

JOHN D wrote:
I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

I got one at Home Depot. Of course it was billed as an overflow pan for a
washing machine, but it was made of heavy plastic, had the knock-out drain
holes, and fit standard plactic pipes.

Works swell and will never rust.

Dr. Hardcrab

"HeyBub" wrote in message
JOHN D wrote:
I need a Rheem RXCH-A14 Horizontal Drain Pan Kit
The old one is leaking. Can anybody sell me one?
remove 1 to reply

I got one at Home Depot. Of course it was billed as an overflow pan for a
washing machine, but it was made of heavy plastic, had the knock-out drain
holes, and fit standard plactic pipes.

Works swell and will never rust.

I don't think he's talking about a safety pan......