DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/126824-lowes-homedepot-concrete-floor-question.html)

Joey October 27th 05 11:10 PM

Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am
wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at
HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth.
Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's
put on ? Thanks

Joey

Brad Bruce October 27th 05 11:20 PM

Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

Joey wrote in news:11m2k20qc7d5p52
@corp.supernews.com:

Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am
wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at
HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth.
Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's
put on ? Thanks

Joey

They work it A LOT as it's curing!

Then the floor wax finishes it off.

Auto parts stores and grocery store back rooms are done the same way.

Brad

Steve Kraus October 28th 05 02:48 AM

Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

Gosh, I was gonna say clear epoxy.

Tim Killian October 28th 05 07:27 AM

Joey wrote:
Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am
wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at
HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth.
Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's
put on ? Thanks

Joey

You can get a very good finish with the two-part epoxy or polyurethane
floor paints. The cost is $80-$120 per gallon and on new concrete a
gallon will cover 200-300 SF. But before you put any finish down make
sure your slab is dry (4-6 weeks) and follow the directions for acid
etching.

Joey October 29th 05 03:13 AM

Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

Thanks for the suggestion, but is the epoxy what they put on the floors
in these stores ? Someone that works in one of these stores told me
they put something on it but he didn't know what ????

Joey

Trekking Tom October 29th 05 11:23 AM

Lowes/HomeDepot Concrete Floor Question

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:10:18 -0400, Joey
wrote:

Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am
wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at
HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth.
Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's
put on ? Thanks

Joey

Normally those floors are finished with moisture cured urethane
epoxies. Fill your wallet full before shopping........
You would be best to get a garage floor epoxy kit.

Tom

MC October 30th 05 02:49 PM

Joey wrote:
Hi All,

I just poured a smooth concrete floor in a workshop building. I am
wanting the same finish that you see on the concrete floors at
HomeDepot, Lowes, or Sam's Club which is shiny and very smooth.
Does anyone know what product they use to acomplish this and how it's
put on ? Thanks

Joey

Use a sealer, then use a wax so often to keep shiny and keep stains from
penetrating.

www.kemiko.com

MC