Junior Member

Default Wiring a Honeywell RTH7500

I am trying to install 2 Honeywell RTH7500 programmable thermostats to control 2 (out of three) separate zones (1st floor & 2nd floor) within my house.

The old thermostat (TrolAtemp) on the 1st floor had 6 wires, R, W, Y, G, B and O (tan line). The RTH7500 does not have a connection for "O" for a Conventional (non Heat pump) systems.

After installing the 1st floor, everything worked fine on the 1st floor but after installing the 2nd floor we found that the 2nd floor thermostat no longer worked. Also, the thermostat in the basement (not replaced) stopped working.

I think the "O" controls the other 2 zones (the total system can be turned on/off only from the 1st floor) but the RTH7500 installation guide doesn't say what to do.

Can anyone help? Honeywell support is only open M-F 8-5
SQLit

--
Norwalk Paul

sarcastic remark snipped

I doubt that anyone can help you though text. Way to many unknowns.

hvactech2

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 15:46:43 +0100, Norwalk Paul
wrote:

I am trying to install 2 Honeywell RTH7500 programmable thermostats to
control 2 (out of three) separate zones (1st floor & 2nd floor) within
my house.

The old thermostat (TrolAtemp) on the 1st floor had 6 wires, R, W, Y,
G, B and O (tan line). The RTH7500 does not have a connection for "O"
for a Conventional (non Heat pump) systems.

After installing the 1st floor, everything worked fine on the 1st floor
but after installing the 2nd floor we found that the 2nd floor
thermostat no longer worked. Also, the thermostat in the basement (not
replaced) stopped working.

I think the "O" controls the other 2 zones (the total system can be
turned on/off only from the 1st floor) but the RTH7500 installation
guide doesn't say what to do.

Can anyone help? Honeywell support is only open M-F 8-5

I am not familiar with that honeywell number. Maybe iot is a consumer
model. I am familiar with trol a temp and it is a forced air zoning
control. if the thermostat you have doesn't power the O constantly in
the cool mode it will not work.
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail