DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is burning copper dangerous (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/125233-re-burning-copper-dangerous.html)

Joseph Meehan October 17th 05 11:59 AM

Is burning copper dangerous

wrote:
Is burning copper dangerous?
I am asking because I was camping and tossed some copper dust in the
fire to make the flames colorful. The flames were really nice, but
some drunken guy in the next camp was having a fit about it, saying
that burning copper emits dangerous fumes that when breathed are toxic
and of course, according to him, ALL the smoke was going his
direction. I told the guy to either get lost or to call the police on
us, and they would settle it. (since he was the one that was drunk,
and we were not, I knew that would be fun). Anyhow, I just wanted to
ask and find out if there really is any truth to his claim. (The
idiot packed up and left in the morning, which was great for us,
because we got rid of the moron and had a bigger camp).
.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/a/aa052703a.htm

--
Joseph Meehan