DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   exaxtly what is a buffer screen? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/125138-exaxtly-what-buffer-screen.html)

[email protected] October 16th 05 11:07 PM

exaxtly what is a buffer screen?

Have removed shellac and wax from floors with alcohol. Tested floor
with various grades of sandpaper in closet with palm sander and 100 to
120 grit seems to give excellent results. In searching on net keep
coming across references to using buffer screen equivelent to 100 grit
sand paper. At rental stores they do not know what I am talking
about. they have various grades of brushs and the one that had
sandpaper pads did not have the attachment that was needed to use it.

Stan

Al Bundy October 16th 05 11:34 PM

exaxtly what is a buffer screen?

If your store doesn't know what a sanding screen is, they are rank
amateurs.
A sanding screen is just that, a screen type material with abrassive
bonded to it. The advantage is that the screen structure prevents it
from loading up or caking with the product of the sanding. It does an
especially nice job on floors. I suggest you go elsewhere for the tools
and supplies you need to do a floor properly.

John McGaw October 16th 05 11:43 PM

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X57B51DFB

--
John McGaw