DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   auto garage door problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/124993-auto-garage-door-problem.html)

KTECH October 15th 05 10:27 PM

auto garage door problem

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

Jeff Wisnia October 16th 05 06:15 AM

auto garage door problem

KTECH wrote:

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

If they both work, what's the problem?

Could you explain it a little better please?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Shirley Thebaglady October 16th 05 11:47 AM

auto garage door problem

I have Sears remote for opening our garage door.
We had to buy a second one a few years ago.
Ours works well but before ordering we had to give them the # of the old
one.

Did you check your batteries in your remote opener?

shirley

MasterBlaster October 16th 05 02:09 PM

auto garage door problem

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

Have a sears garage door opener.Problem even after following instructions on
unit I can not program both transmitters to open door. Both units work and I
can program each one but when I program the second unit no go.
Frank

If they both work, what's the problem?
Could you explain it a little better please?

Sounds like it's got a "learn" mode where you set something, hit the button
on remote #1, then remote #2, and it's supposed to remember them both.

Apparently it will remember one or the other, but not both at once.

Of course, knowing the model number of the opener would help, since there's
hundreds of "how to program" pages out on that there InterWebby thing, but
we don't know which one applies.

Scott October 16th 05 03:47 PM

auto garage door problem

When you got the opener from Sears you got a manual with it. In that manual
there is a 800 number for trouble shooting. Call that number during weekday
business hours and they will walk you through it. If you can not find the
number look on the website for Chamberlain (that's who made the opener for
Sears) and they will walk you through it. They did for me and solved my
problem.

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

[email protected] October 16th 05 07:23 PM

auto garage door problem

Push the smart button momentarily (do not hold it), push one of the
transmitter buttons within 30 seconds. Push the smart button again
momentarily & push the other transmitter button within 30 seconds.

Holding the smart button (as some directions say to do) for more than
10 seconds (smart button LED goes out) erases the memory. If you have
to erase the memory to get the second transmitter to work, the
transmitters are not compatible. One is rolling code & one isn't. It's
possible for a transmitter to lose its rolling code capability & if it
does it's non-repairable & needs to be replaced.

Doordoc
www.DoorsAndOpeners.com