DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/124913-smoke-detector-co-detector-installed-next-each-other.html)

[email protected] October 15th 05 12:40 AM

Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other?

Is there any code that specifies a minimum required distance between a
ceiling-mounted smoke detector and a ceiling-mounted CO (carbon
monoxide) detector? My initial thought is that since there are
commercially available combo smoke/CO detectors, installing them next
to each other wouldn't be an issue. However, I wasn't sure if there
was any code or other requirement that applied to the installation of
two discrete units.

m Ransley October 15th 05 04:20 AM

Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other?

no

HeyBub October 16th 05 02:46 AM

wrote:
Is there any code that specifies a minimum required distance between a
ceiling-mounted smoke detector and a ceiling-mounted CO (carbon
monoxide) detector? My initial thought is that since there are
commercially available combo smoke/CO detectors, installing them next
to each other wouldn't be an issue. However, I wasn't sure if there
was any code or other requirement that applied to the installation of
two discrete units.

Do not be concerned : they won't breed.