Stormin Mormon

Default Blown cellulose Howtos

thursdy the 13th, I'm scheduled to blow some cellulose insullation. I hve
three projects.

One is a trailer with about 4 inches of space between the ceiling and the
aluminum roof.

One is a very old house (lath and plaster walls). The plans to blow some
cellulose into the side walls. The house has aluminum siding, and he is OK
with drilling holes through the interior walls.

Third project is an addition to a house, I've got to go look at that some
time tonight.

Any DIY web pages out there in the ether with helpful how to hints?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Goedjn

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:05:30 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

thursdy the 13th, I'm scheduled to blow some cellulose insullation. I hve
three projects.

One is a trailer with about 4 inches of space between the ceiling and the
aluminum roof.

One is a very old house (lath and plaster walls). The plans to blow some
cellulose into the side walls. The house has aluminum siding, and he is OK
with drilling holes through the interior walls.

Third project is an addition to a house, I've got to go look at that some
time tonight.

Any DIY web pages out there in the ether with helpful how to hints?

No, but run some wire fish-tape down through a few of the first holes,
to see if there's fire-blocking in the walls.
Stormin Mormon

I woulda not thought of htat. As old as the frame house is, I'd doubt it.
But who can tell? If there is fire stops at the floors, that makes the job a
LOT harder. Have to do it in sections, with a LOT more holes.

I don't have a spool of wire fish, but someone around oughta have one I can
use.

Thank you for an excellent idea.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Goedjn" wrote in message

No, but run some wire fish-tape down through a few of the first holes,
to see if there's fire-blocking in the walls.

Stormin Mormon

Tomorrow October 13 is scheduled to be the day when we (couple friends from
church) blow a bunch of cellulose insulation into my trailer roof, and also
into a couple houses for a couple friends of mine. From the one vent hole I
cut, it appears there is less than half an inch of fiberglass stuck to the
underside of the roof, which roof is sheet metal. Helps explain the icicles
down the sides.

I'm not used to going up and down a ladder repeatedly. {pant, pant}

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.