DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing Hinges from Commercial Door Frame? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123466-removing-hinges-commercial-door-frame.html)

Jim Wheeler October 4th 05 11:16 PM

Removing Hinges from Commercial Door Frame?

I am helping a friend move a door from one opening in his office area to
another. The second opening doesn't have hinges on the door frame, so
we have to move them from the first opening.

The door frame is metal. I am having a heck of a time getting the
screws loosened. Is there any secret to removing the hinge screws from
metal, commercial door frames?

Thanks - Jim

DanG October 5th 05 12:33 AM

Statement one: make absolutely sure that you have a #3 Phillips
screw driver. Do NOT attempt with a #2. If you still do not have
enough strength to start the screws, buy one of these:
http://www.alberg30.org/maintenance/...actwrench.html

You can get a really cheap version at Harbor Freight or an auto
parts store. The auto parts may lend/rent you one.

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

nk.net...