DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   terminology question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123448-terminology-question.html)

SteveB October 4th 05 06:14 AM

terminology question

I am looking for a pump that you DON'T put into the liquid you are pumping,
but rather have the inflow from a reservoir through a line.

What is that called?

Steve

BobK207 October 4th 05 07:38 AM

If I understand your question.......the pump you DON'T want is a
submersible the pump you do want is just a regular pump.

If the pump you want will be located below the level of the resrvoir
from which lquid is to be pumped then the pump you want would not have
to be self priming.

www.mcmaster,com has all sorts of pumps to look at & thier online
catalog has a lot of info

cheers