DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is there an "angled" version of RJ45 connector? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123426-there-%22angled%22-version-rj45-connector.html)

miamicuse October 4th 05 05:19 AM

Is there an "angled" version of RJ45 connector?

Have two RJ45 jacks on the wall at a location where my kids constanty bump
into it. Do they make any connector that does not go straight one but bends
90 degrees?

Thanks,

MC

Mikepier October 4th 05 11:46 AM

Siemans makes this kind of jack that goes in at almost a 90 degree
angle. I'm sure there are others out there.

John McGaw October 4th 05 11:54 AM

miamicuse wrote:
Have two RJ45 jacks on the wall at a location where my kids constanty bump
into it. Do they make any connector that does not go straight one but bends
90 degrees?

Thanks,

MC

I'm fairly certain that I've seen recessed modular RJ-type jack setups
being sold for networking systems. The jacks themselves were changeable
and the location where they plugged in was recessed by maybe 3/4"
(18mm). Of course in the long run it might be easier to either train the
kids or relocate the jacks.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]