Default What type of saw blade for a mitre to cut 9/16 engineered hardwood flooring?

What type of mitre saw blade do you recommend for cutting 9/16
engineered hardwood flooring? When looking over the blades at the
depot/lowes there are so many options (fast cut, smooth cut, cross cut,
etc). I know the wood should be cut finish side up per instructions,
but what is a good blade that should help keep the cut as clean as
possible.

Any links or other literature to read is always appreciated.
Amy.

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
oups.com...
What type of mitre saw blade do you recommend for cutting 9/16
engineered hardwood flooring? When looking over the blades at the
depot/lowes there are so many options (fast cut, smooth cut, cross cut,
etc). I know the wood should be cut finish side up per instructions,
but what is a good blade that should help keep the cut as clean as
possible.

Any links or other literature to read is always appreciated.
Amy.

it should state on the box what kind of blade to use. failing that, the
manufacturers web site may state one.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
What type of mitre saw blade do you recommend for cutting 9/16
engineered hardwood flooring? When looking over the blades at the
depot/lowes there are so many options (fast cut, smooth cut, cross cut,
etc). I know the wood should be cut finish side up per instructions,
but what is a good blade that should help keep the cut as clean as
possible.

Any good carbide cross cut blade should do. I used the DeWalt blade that
came with the saw. I've also used Freud cross cut blades with very good
results. You don't need "fast cut" but you do want smooth. The more teeth
the finer the cut in most cases. Expect to pay $35 to $60 for a good blade.

No

Carbide is a must - The floor finish is hard on the blades. A top of the
line blade for this if a Forrest Chopmaster.
http://www.forrestblades.com/chopmaster.htm

I guess I should not have assumed a mitre saw. That's what I use for this
job. If a circular saw you want a good combination or crosscut blade, more
teeth is better, carbide is better. Really though - In a hand held circ saw
you may just want to get cheapies and pitch them when they wear out. You can
get a relatively cheap carbide combination blade that will do the job fine
for about $10. Look at Dewalt, Freud for blades in that category.

oups.com...