DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gutter slope? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123268-gutter-slope.html)

Robertm October 2nd 05 04:10 PM

Gutter slope?

I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair
sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says 1/2
inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

G Henslee October 2nd 05 04:20 PM

Robertm wrote:
I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair
sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says 1/2
inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

Robertm October 2nd 05 04:37 PM

"G Henslee" wrote in message

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

Thank you, 1/4 inch it shall be.

Bob

MaryL October 2nd 05 07:17 PM

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Robertm wrote:
I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair
sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says
1/2 inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

What about the "elbow" that connects the gutter to the downspout? The elbow
prevents my motion detector light from coming on, and I am concerned about
someone having an accident because it gets very dark in that area. The man
who does a lot of work for me sugested lowering the bend so the infra-red
light could aim above it. Is there a "standard" for these elbows, and would
his idea work as well during major storms?

MaryL

keith October 4th 05 03:19 AM

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:17:59 -0500, MaryL wrote:

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Robertm wrote:
I'm installing aluminum gutters. Did a Google and found two home repair
sites. One says the slope should be 1/4 inch per 10 ft and another says
1/2 inch per 10 ft. Anyone know the correct recommended slope?

Bob

Mine are about 1/4" to 10'. I believe that to be the standard.

What about the "elbow" that connects the gutter to the downspout? The elbow
prevents my motion detector light from coming on, and I am concerned about
someone having an accident because it gets very dark in that area. The man
who does a lot of work for me sugested lowering the bend so the infra-red
light could aim above it. Is there a "standard" for these elbows, and would
his idea work as well during major storms?

Leave the angle the same )as the elbows suggest) and put a small piece of
downspout from the gutter to the leader. Pop-rivet it together on the
sides and add additional support if necessary.

--
Keith