1_Patriotic_Guy

Default Bookcase help needed

My wife's bookcase -- It appears to be "Barrister Style" has unusual (to
me) inside dimensions. 7 1/2" deep (11 1/4" tall each shelf I can live
with). Unfortunately the original finish was really dark, circa 1980? and
that finish no longer goes well with the main living area (per my wife) -
She won't sell the bookcase, but papers won't fit in there in standard
binders. Does anyone sell anything to help my storage problem?

John McGaw

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:
My wife's bookcase -- It appears to be "Barrister Style" has unusual (to
me) inside dimensions. 7 1/2" deep (11 1/4" tall each shelf I can live
with). Unfortunately the original finish was really dark, circa 1980? and
that finish no longer goes well with the main living area (per my wife) -
She won't sell the bookcase, but papers won't fit in there in standard
binders. Does anyone sell anything to help my storage problem?

Huh? Are you looking to make the too-dark bookcase a different color or
are you looking for a way to store papers and/or binders in it or is it
some combination?

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Sounds like the book cases have been exiled to the back room and you
want to find a way to store binders on the shallow shelves - or make it
deeper.
Can the back be reworked?
TB

Bennett Price

Is problem that the 11 1/4" height is too short for binders? Consider
offerings of a company like www.acco.com; look at storage boxes.
Consider clips like those he
http://www.officedepot.com/browse.do?N=4294951452

Also possible are various edge binding methods- velobind, spiral bind,
comb bind.

A half-hour at an office supply store might solve the problem.