Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bby

Default Installing Cedar Siding in Rain

Hi,

I would really appreciate some wisdom. I am at the end of finishing
our new home. The contractor has kind of abandoned it for other
projects. That is a seperate issue.

I am working with someone to install cedar siding. We have tar paper
or sheathing (that black paper). It is now raining constantly. Some
of the paper is wet, other places it is somewhat damp.

Do we have to wait before installing the cedar planks/boards till the
paper is dry. The contractor for the house said that you can install
it in when the paper is wet and the heat from the house will dry it
up quite quickly. I asked him how the moisture will escape once
boarded up. He told me that with cedar it is not a problem.

:?: My problem is that the contractor has made up so many things to
date, I have no idea when he is lying. Is it OK to install while the
paper is wet? I think it will continue to rain for a few weeks. Any
other website references, tips etc. will be helpful.

:?: Also do you usually stain the cedar boards before or after
installation?

thanks .