SCraig

Default Caulking gun - how do you get the tube out?

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun
that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

Duane Bozarth

SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun
that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the plunger
back.
Charles Spitzer

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty
but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but
there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun
that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the plunger
back.

on some of them there's no button release. you twist the plunger 180 degrees
and pull back.

Toller

SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty
but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but
there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun
that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the plunger
back.

I also have a dripless from HD. The release is a real bear; you have force
it. Maybe that is why it is dripless. Actually it does drip much less than
my old one.

Stormin Mormon

On the back of the gun (where the grip safety would be on a colt 45) there
is a release, you push forward wtih one thumb. While pulling back the slide
with the other hand.

Point the caulking gun in a safe direction, make sure the safety is on, and
always treat it like it's loaded. Remember the NCA (National Caulkingun
Association) safety rules.

Due to following a few simple rules, the rates of accidental caulking have
declined every year. But drive by caulking continues to be a problem. So,
take your kids to an approved safety range, where they can learn the rules.

Remember, caulk doesn't seal windows, people seal windows. Support the right
to keep and bear caulk.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes empty
but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but
there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless caulking gun
that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the plunger
back.

I also have a dripless from HD. The release is a real bear; you have force
it. Maybe that is why it is dripless. Actually it does drip much less than
my old one.

SCraig

SCraig wrote:

I've got a 10 oz caulking gun with a 10 oz tube in it. The tubes
empty but
I can't see how to get it out of the gun. I know this is stupid but
there
must be some sort of release I'm not seeing. It a dripless
caulking gun that I bought at Home Depot. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

There's a release on the plunger somewhere....press it, pull the
plunger back.

I also have a dripless from HD. The release is a real bear; you have
force it. Maybe that is why it is dripless. Actually it does drip
much less than my old one.

______________________________

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't
shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig

FACE

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:33:58 GMT, "SCraig" wrote:

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't
shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig

So you found the release on the back then.

Expereince tips:
First tip -- after each time you use it, hit that release and it will
stop the pressure on the back of the tube and keep it from dribbling
out several inches of caulk that makes a mess that you don't need.

Second tip -- when you are finished, put about a 2 1/2 nail down the
nozzle and next timne you use it you will not have to deal with a
hardened plug of caulk in the end. a big headed roofing nail is great,
most any old nail will work, but use galvanized or plated if you have
one so it does not rust.

Third tip -- if you use a tube which has a foil seal before the body
of the caulk puncture it with a nail, ice pick or something because
usually the tube seal will break at the back of the tube where it is
being pushed Sbefore the foil seal breaks and then you have another
mess you don't need.

(Apologies if these tips are obvious, but then so is the release on
the back. I think the first time I used a tube of caulk i finally
started cutting the tube out and then noticed the slide rod going up
the the middle of caulk tube "found" the release and pulled the slide
all the way back at which time the empty tube fell out -- fancy that!
:-))

FACE
Stormin Mormon

Ah, you make us proud.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"SCraig" wrote in message
. ..
Stormin Mormon wrote:
On the back of the gun (where the grip safety would be on a colt 45)
there is a release, you push forward wtih one thumb. While pulling

______________________________

Thanks to all who offered advice. I finally figured it out and I didn't
shoot anyone's eye out.

Craig

Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
[...]

.

I'm a life member of the NCA!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

C & E wrote:
[...]

Do you have a source for a trigger lock for one? I have small
grandchildren running around and even though I know better I keep mine
loaded.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

C & E wrote:
[...]

SNL did a skit on caulk last week.
Sometimes you have to use your finger to force the caulk into the crack,
etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...out-35665-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 06 May 2017 21:14:01 GMT, Ann Marie Pernai
m wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still helping
people. What a guy!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 5:24:25 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still helping
people. What a guy!

Every time i read a post by sm i smile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 4:14:11 PM UTC-5, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...out-35665-.htm

Another dunce from HomeMoanersHub. Can't read, doesn't know she's
reply to a 12 year old thread and also replying to a dead person.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still helping
people. What a guy!

Lets hope his batteries don't give out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pernai wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour!
You saved me
from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...out-35665-.htm

Another dunce from HomeMoanersHub. Can't read, doesn't
know she's
reply to a 12 year old thread and also replying to a dead
person.

but at least she doesn't look like an idiot to her neighbor,
just to usenet : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still helping
people. What a guy!

It's the special Mormon connection.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/06/2017 06:03 PM, ChairMan wrote:
but at least she doesn't look like an idiot to her neighbor,
just to usenet : )

The neighbor figured that out long ago...
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Stormin Mormon, Ann Marie Pernai wrote:
Thanks! I have been messing with this for an hour! You saved me from going
to my neighbor and looking like an idiot

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still helping
people. What a guy!

Lets hope his batteries don't give out.

When he hid under his bed, the flashlight died because the batteries
from Harbor Freight had corroded. IIRC.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/6/17 8:01 PM, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still
helping people. What a guy!

Lets hope his batteries don't give out.

When he hid under his bed, the flashlight died because the batteries
from Harbor Freight had corroded. IIRC.

I wonder how many of the cheap little flashlights he has used up by
now. He must have close to an eternal supply.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 May 2017 20:15:06 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 5/6/17 8:01 PM, Oren wrote:

Good for you. Chris is using Usenet from Heaven and still
helping people. What a guy!

Lets hope his batteries don't give out.

When he hid under his bed, the flashlight died because the batteries
from Harbor Freight had corroded. IIRC.

I wonder how many of the cheap little flashlights he has used up by
now. He must have close to an eternal supply.

He even gets 20% coupons sent to him by Heaven Mail. No way will he
run out of lights.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Stormin Mormon, Cookie wrote:
well, it's almost 13 years later and don't know if this will get to you
Stormin'... but, you cracked me up! Plus I got my empty tube out. Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...out-35665-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 9:44:06 PM UTC-6, Cookie wrote:
replying to Stormin Mormon, Cookie wrote:
well, it's almost 13 years later and don't know if this will get to you
Stormin'... but, you cracked me up! Plus I got my empty tube out. Thanks!
--

Unfortunately, Chris passed away not long ago. It's no joke, he was found on the roof of a pharmacy after having a heart attack. He is missed. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Duane Bozarth, Dana wrote:
No release button help

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...out-35665-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 06 May 2019 17:44:02 GMT, Dana
m wrote:

No release button help

Un cock it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/6/2019 1:44 PM, Dana wrote:
replying to Duane Bozarth, DanaÂ* wrote:
No release button help

Pull back the push rod all the way. Slide the tube back so it extends
beyond the front lip/rim. Take it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 06 May 2019 17:44:02 GMT, Dana
m wrote:

No release button help

Un cock it.

That will give release.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 May 2019 15:04:16 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

Oren posted for all of us...

On Mon, 06 May 2019 17:44:02 GMT, Dana
m wrote:

No release button help

Un cock it.

That will give release.

The pressure release early will stop the caulk from dripping. Ever
have a tude explode on the back end from too much pressure. I have.
Caulking is an art form.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

No release button help

Un cock it.

That will give release.

The pressure release early will stop the caulk from dripping. Ever
have a tude explode on the back end from too much pressure. I have.
Caulking is an art form.

No I have not, thank goodness. Yes, if you want it to be nice. I am a slob
and can prove it

~~~Please release me and let me go~~~

--
Tekkie

Fridge Plastic Tube Constricted Water Flow Filipo Home Repair 4 February 26th 04 08:04 AM
rolling a bead on tube ends richard Metalworking 1 February 8th 04 06:55 PM
Tech Review: Victor's (8liners/Genao) Replacement Arcade RGB Monitor Chassis (LONG) Pac-Fan Electronics Repair 22 November 26th 03 01:56 PM
metal tubes Allan Adler Metalworking 7 September 26th 03 05:30 AM
Re; Tube coping JTMcC Metalworking 0 September 25th 03 01:44 AM