C & M

Default Curb repair

I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

RicodJour

C & M wrote:
I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

12 minute epoxy or polyurethane construction adhesive.

Stormin Mormon

Ask at the hardware, I think there is white epoxy made for this.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"C & M" wrote in message
news I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

SQLit

"C & M" wrote in message
news
I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in

place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

Is the curb even yours? Making repairs on public property might be more
trouble than it is worth.

SteveB

"C & M" wrote in message
news
I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in
place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

Is this curb on public property? If so, send an e mail or registered letter
stating that there is an "imminent danger" of someone falling, and you will
get fast repairs. If someone DOES break an ankle on it, you have the proof
you notified them before the accident.

If it is yours, follow other poster's suggestions.

RicodJour

SteveB wrote:
"C & M" wrote in message

I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in
place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

Is this curb on public property? If so, send an e mail or registered letter
stating that there is an "imminent danger" of someone falling, and you will
get fast repairs. If someone DOES break an ankle on it, you have the proof
you notified them before the accident.

If it is yours, follow other poster's suggestions.

I'm not sure why some people are assuming that the curb in question is
not on the OP's property or that he needs persmission to try to repair
it. If it is his driveway he can obviously do whatever he wants. If
it is the curb at the street and he doesn't "own" it, he still has a
vested interest in it as it impacts the appearance of his property.

I fail to see the reason to notify any authority for gluing back a
chipped off piece of curb smaller than a paperback book. If anything,
he should send them a bill after it's done.

BobK207

SIKA construction adhesive & masking tape (the tape holds the chunk in
place while the adhesive cures)

cheers
Bob

SteveB

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
SteveB wrote:
"C & M" wrote in message

[...]

You obviously are ignorant of how things work. IF the curb is public
property, one can be actually cited for making repairs. We hired a private
contractor to cut out 59'11" of curb and put an access driveway onto our
property in our cul-de-sac. (They are limited to 60' before you have to get
all sorts of variances, etc.) A public works inspector had to come out and
sign the permit. If you do it by the book, it can be an easy thing. If you
don't, it might just come back and bite you where you least expect it. Such
as: the city/county coming out and fixing it and sending you a bill for
"messing it up" in the first place with "unauthorized repairs."

Do what you want. Do what you think. Do what you will. But it just MIGHT
be a good idea first to establish whose property EXACTLY it is that one is
working on.

Let's hear from the OP as to whether or not this is HIS property, or PUBLIC
property.

One small detail the OP left out is the lynchpin.

Steve

C & E

"C & M" wrote in message
news
I've got an 8" wide x 3" deep piece of curb that spalled off after being
struck by a plow. Do you think that a little mortar will hold it in
place?
I tried silicone caulk last year with pretty poor results.
TIA

Many thanks to all. It *is* my curb and my problem.

HeyBub

C & E wrote:

Many thanks to all. It *is* my curb and my problem.

You still might be able to get the city to fix it. They usually don't know
****.