Default What to Use as 'Moulding' where Existing Ceramic meets New Granite

12-year old house: At the end of a major kitchen remodel, (cabinets and
granite tops) we now have a sloping gap that goes from 1/16 to about
5/16 inch (in a span of 7 feet) between the nice new dark granite
backsplash top and the bottom edge of the existing white ceramic 4-inch
tile back splash.
The orig. floor, cabinets and counter-top are level.
The (12-year old) ceramic tile was not installed square to the floor.
I can place the edge of a level in the horizontal joints of the tiles
and see the pitch...ugh. So far, I have considered applying a bead of
clear paintable (DAP) caulk in this opening.
I "thought" the granite company was to have made accurate templates for
the back splashes they installed.

Thanks for any ideas,
Gary

Does the face of the back splash match the face of the exiting tile?
Is there a tile trim piece that could be set against the face of the
tile and sit on the backsplash?
TB

The tile is the usual thickness; the granite is about 3/4-inch thick,
so the trim piece idea would be just fine. I just am stumped as to what
would "look" OK to cover the tapering gap that is about 5/16-inch max.,
with drywall showing.

maple cabinets
black-gray-green granite
white tile
stainless sink
white appliances
under-cabinet track lighting

-Gary

Charles Spitzer

wrote in message
ups.com...
12-year old house: At the end of a major kitchen remodel, (cabinets and
granite tops) we now have a sloping gap that goes from 1/16 to about
5/16 inch (in a span of 7 feet) between the nice new dark granite
backsplash top and the bottom edge of the existing white ceramic 4-inch
tile back splash.
The orig. floor, cabinets and counter-top are level.
The (12-year old) ceramic tile was not installed square to the floor.
I can place the edge of a level in the horizontal joints of the tiles
and see the pitch...ugh. So far, I have considered applying a bead of
clear paintable (DAP) caulk in this opening.
I "thought" the granite company was to have made accurate templates for
the back splashes they installed.

Thanks for any ideas,
Gary

rip out the tile and do-over correctly? that would give you a chance to use
tile that more matched the granite.