DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Exterior Trim Replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/123029-exterior-trim-replacement.html)

Elle September 24th 05 05:43 PM

Exterior Trim Replacement

It appears the exterior cardboard junk that's used on my home's trim is
Masonite. I did some research and found that a class action suit against the
manufacturers of Masonite siding some years ago was successful. So far, my
research indicates the settlement does not cover trim; only whole walls.
Thus for now, I'm painting the trim I can but also would like to replace
much of it.

Are Home Depot and Lowe's suitable enough places to buy around 20 to 40 feet
of 4 inch wide (3/8 inch thick?), real wood, trim?

Anything to look out for?

SQLit September 24th 05 07:15 PM

"Elle" wrote in message
ink.net...
It appears the exterior cardboard junk that's used on my home's trim is
Masonite. I did some research and found that a class action suit against

the
manufacturers of Masonite siding some years ago was successful. So far, my
research indicates the settlement does not cover trim; only whole walls.
Thus for now, I'm painting the trim I can but also would like to replace
much of it.

Are Home Depot and Lowe's suitable enough places to buy around 20 to 40

feet
of 4 inch wide (3/8 inch thick?), real wood, trim?

Anything to look out for?

Clear wood no knotts.

Trim on my house is 2X6 rough sawn one side.
Better check the local code requirements for the proper size.

Installing trim boards can be a bear. I am not that good with compound cuts
so I get professional help when I have to do this project.