DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pellet Stove (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/122988-re-pellet-stove.html)

Crossword September 22nd 05 09:54 PM

Pellet Stove

We moved to southwest Missouri from Michigan in February 2005. We purchased
a St Croix brand pellet stove at that time. We were able to heat our home
(about 1600 sq ft, open architecture) with on 40# bag a day. A forty pound
bag of hardwood pellets costs about $3.00. This winter we are going to buy
in bulk. The best price we have seen so far is $134 a ton at Lowe's. That
breaks down to $2.68 a bag. We have been told that two ton should do it for
the winter. The pellet stove does have a thermostat and we try to keep it
about 75° , but the house is usually about 80°.

I hope this was helpful.

Amy