DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Composition decking material (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/121076-composition-decking-material.html)

limey September 11th 05 05:27 PM

Composition decking material

Does anyone have any comments, either pro or con, on the use of composition
decking material? Right now, we have the usual pressure-treated lumber,
which requires a lot of maintenance. Also, we live surrounded by large
trees, which help to blacken the surface; this is hard to remove and
conventional cleaning/sealing products don't seem to give a satisfactory
long-lasting result.

I know nobody who has the composition type so would appreciate any comments.

RicodJour September 11th 05 06:42 PM

limey wrote:
Does anyone have any comments, either pro or con, on the use of composition
decking material? Right now, we have the usual pressure-treated lumber,
which requires a lot of maintenance. Also, we live surrounded by large
trees, which help to blacken the surface; this is hard to remove and
conventional cleaning/sealing products don't seem to give a satisfactory
long-lasting result.

I know nobody who has the composition type so would appreciate any comments.

The composition stuff is great, but there are a few considerations.
The stuff will stain if it is under trees. Getting a darker color,
something that is near the color of the stains will help conceal the
trees "handiwork".