DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Re : Refridgerator Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/120384-re-refridgerator-problem.html)

SCOTT September 6th 05 07:20 PM

Re : Refridgerator Problem

Well it seems that the back of the freezer was covered in ice, so as
instructed I thawed it and removed the back panel to find the evaporator
coils encased in ice. So I thawed that and fridge is cold again. Now, why is
this happening? Why were they encased in ice?

Thanks,
Tim

udarrell September 7th 05 12:10 AM

SCOTT wrote:

Well it seems that the back of the freezer was covered in ice, so as
instructed I thawed it and removed the back panel to find the evaporator
coils encased in ice. So I thawed that and fridge is cold again. Now, why is
this happening? Why were they encased in ice?
Thanks, Tim

Defrost circuitry not working, evaporator drain plugged,.
Call a tech. - Darrell

--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...city-seer.html