DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Weird Infestation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/119996-weird-infestation.html)

Ron Hubbard September 6th 05 06:47 AM

A Weird Infestation

I live in the Pacific northwest and lately there has been something of a small
infestation of little black bugs about a quarter inch long; they don't seem to be
able to fly, but I seem to see them on the beds every once in the while. They are
not easily killed by flying bug spray, so I have to really whack them hard with a
newspaper to kill them.

Does anybody have any idea what these bugs are and where
they come from? I had bought a new mattress about the time these bugs started
appearing and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that?

Ron

--
"Everybody has a secret except for me and my monkey."

Jeff G September 6th 05 10:57 AM

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message ...
I live in the Pacific northwest and lately there has been something of a small
infestation of little black bugs about a quarter inch long; they don't seem to be
able to fly, but I seem to see them on the beds every once in the while. They are
not easily killed by flying bug spray, so I have to really whack them hard with a
newspaper to kill them.

Does anybody have any idea what these bugs are and where
they come from? I had bought a new mattress about the time these bugs started
appearing and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that?

Possibly. Do they look like the bed bug pictured he
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...mmonpests.shtm

Or pantry or carpet beetles?
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/pantry.html

Ron Hubbard September 7th 05 03:42 AM

"Jeff G" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Damn. They are not bed bugs nor is there a picture or
description of them on that other web site either. These
bloody things are solid black, about 1/4" long, and
look like wingless flies; they are always crawling. While most of the time they
have been found in a bedroom, there has
been a few in the kitchen or other parts of the house.

Ron