DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PEX w/compression fitting type shut off valve (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/119966-pex-w-compression-fitting-type-shut-off-valve.html)

techshare31 September 5th 05 11:49 PM

PEX w/compression fitting type shut off valve

Hey all,

I've got an existing 1/2 PEX supply line going to a compression fitting
type shut off valve (brass ring inside fitting). I have since replumbed
the remaining connections to the fridge as I had a compression fitting
completely fail (1/4 inch tube to tube off the fridge .. didn't tighten
it enough apparently... big flood while I was gone).

I have since replumbed the line with a threaded icemaker supply line
and just one 1/4 compression fitting side to connect to the fridge. I
purposely pulled on the shutoff valve and tried to crank it down as
tightly as I could. Through all this, this valve and fitting has yet to
fail or leak. However, after my screw up with the 1/4 in (which I did
not pull on or test enough) I'm worried that this PEX to shutoff
compression might spontaneously fail or leak? From what I can gather
.... if it hasn't failed yet and holds up to average handling it should
be secure? TIA for any advice on this.