DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   vibrating boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/119689-vibrating-boiler.html)

Dave September 4th 05 09:35 PM

vibrating boiler

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski September 4th 05 09:45 PM

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months
old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked
out.

Amun September 4th 05 10:48 PM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months
old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Could be excess fuel at startup making one hell of a fire. Get it checked
out.

Is the boiler oil fired or gas ?

If oil,
Could also be not getting enough oil when starting due to a plugged oil
filter.

Have you changed it since the burner was installed ?

If a new one still gives the same problems, call a serviceman in.

(they should be changed every year anyway)

If it's gas fired, shut it off quick and call the serviceman

No one on usenet can offer you a guaranteed fix without seeing this.

AMUN

HeatMan September 5th 05 10:12 PM

"Dave" wrote in message

Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months

old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Yep, I can probably tell you....

Dave September 6th 05 10:51 AM

Hi HeatMan
Do you want me to email you direct do I just take out the NOSPAM in your
email address?
Thanks Dave

Vikki December 4th 05 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Hi Can any one tell me why an Ideal Icos HE15 boiler that is 18 months old,
would suddenly start making a loud and vibrating noise, when the boiler
fires up from a cold start. The noise and vibration last for about 20
seconds and then stops. Would appreciate any help Thanks.

Hi, we have had an ideal boiler fitted today and it sounds like we have the same problem. The whole system vibrates and it sounds like an aeroplane taking off! This has happened a few times and then the boiler cut out. We have had the men who fixed it out and they don't know what it is doing it. Sorry that I am not helping you but would you be able to help me by telling me what the problem is if you get it sorted? I am really worried about mine. Thanks very much.

m Ransley December 4th 05 10:55 PM

vibrating boiler

Your installer is an idiot if he cant figure it out on a new install I
hope you did not pay till its resolved

TH December 5th 05 12:13 AM

vibrating boiler

Refer to the HVAC guys above! The guy must know what he is doing, he's a
pro.