DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacing central heat and air... need advice (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/118665-replacing-central-heat-air-need-advice.html)

[email protected] August 27th 05 06:54 PM

Replacing central heat and air... need advice

Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new
Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being
taken to the cleaners?
Thanks,
George
Savannah, GA

udarrell August 27th 05 07:22 PM

wrote:

Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new
Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being
taken to the cleaners?
Thanks,
George
Savannah, GA

For a 13-SEER, WOW! I would get bids on a lot of makes and then make
certain the installer is first rate!
How is a matched system going to pay for itself in savings at that price?

--
Crank Your Air-Conditioner Up To Specs
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...city-seer.html

Travis Jordan August 27th 05 07:25 PM

wrote:
Is that price in the ballpark or am I being
taken to the cleaners?

Sounds high for most of the U.S. Get another couple of bids.

Joseph Meehan August 27th 05 08:55 PM

wrote:
Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new
Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being
taken to the cleaners?
Thanks,
George
Savannah, GA

I would suggest additional bids and remember that it is the installer,
not the brand of the unit that is most important.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

GeoW August 28th 05 01:15 AM

Good advice. Made a couple of phone calls and found a 12 SEER Bryant in
the $3500 range, reputable dealer too. Doubt 1 SEER will make too much
difference. If I could have gotten a twin to what I have, (cools and
heats and has for 23 years), I would have bought it at 6 SEER.
Thanks,
GeoW

Carolina Breeze HVAC August 30th 05 04:11 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have been given a price of $6000 to replace my old 3 ton unit with new
Lennox 13 seer system. Is that price in the ballpark or am I being
taken to the cleaners?
Thanks,
George
Savannah, GA

WAY high.
Even for Lemmox stuff.

Just put in a new Trane unit, 14SEER heat pump, complete split for about
half that.