Default Easiest/Cheapest Way to get small qty drywall home

What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my
house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called
someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five
times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from
Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.

Thoughts?

ng_reader

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message
find a friend/cow-orker with a pickup and offer them a six-pack after
delivery?

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my
house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called
someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five
times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from
Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.

Thoughts?

Or Home Cheap-O does have the truck that you can rent. I did once, and the
thing was under $30 for me to pick up my own patio door. They had a guy
help me, but he sort of had his hand out for a tip, which I slid $5 into.

Once back home, you can get the sheets out yourself, can't you?

Okay, I'll check in with how much HD would charge for delivery, and yes
they do have a truck that I could rent which might be the easiest route.

Goedjn

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:21:38 -0400, "ng_reader"
wrote:

"Charles Spitzer" wrote in message
find a friend/cow-orker with a pickup and offer them a six-pack after
delivery?

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my
house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called
someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five
times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from
Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.

Thoughts?

Buy a roofrack, and a sheet of 3/4" plywood.

Ian

you could always rent from Uhaul and get the truck for the day, that
way you wouldn't be rushed to unload the drywall, which by yourself
will be a job, let alone doing it within the time you're allowed to
have the truck from Home Depot

Jmagerl

go to an autoparts store and buy a suction cup roof carrier. (like a 2X4
with suction cups). and than make sure you secure load real good. I hauled
about 100 sheets on mine over the span of a few years. 6 is the most I would
do at once. It was pretty hilarious to see a chevette driving down the road
loaded with wall board. It even hauled a sofa once the same way.

But the find a friend with a pick up is proably the best.

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my
house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called
someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five
times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from
Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.

Thoughts?

User Example

What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my
house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called
someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five
times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from
Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.

I have trailer hitch on my Jeep and whenever I need something too big to
fit inside I rent one of those Uhaul trailers. They only cost $10/day.
nospambob

So Calif coast signs on the truck tout $19.00/hour.

On 25 Aug 2005 09:35:56 -0700, "
wrote:

Okay, I'll check in with how much HD would charge for delivery, and yes
they do have a truck that I could rent which might be the easiest route.

Sue

In article ,
nospambob wrote:

So Calif coast signs on the truck tout $19.00/hour.

includes the gas too.
higgins

Are there any day laborers floating around the HD parking lot with a
beater van??? Offer them some cash....ON DELIVERY!!!

Rudy

Buy a roofrack, and a sheet of 3/4" plywood.

HD will rent him their truck for $19.95. Thats cheaper than the ply or the
rack