DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag dishwasher MDB8600AWW (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/117837-maytag-dishwasher-mdb8600aww.html)

Art August 20th 05 10:10 PM

Maytag dishwasher MDB8600AWW

The panel buttons/lights work intermittently on this piece of garbage (4th
malfunction in 2 years). Would that mean a bad panel or could it be just a
loose wire? Fortunately the start button always works and it runs in auto
wash cycle at this point.

Appliance Repair Aid August 21st 05 01:54 PM

G'day,

The panel buttons/lights work intermittently

Probably new key panal and board time...should have a 5 year parts
warranty on these :)
Labour was only 1 year :(

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Art August 21st 05 10:37 PM

I just had Maytag out a few weeks ago at a cost of $155 to replace the bad
motor under the parts warranty. The new motor works but it is noisier than
the original motor. I will not be giving Maytag any more of my money.
Thank you for the information though. I may look to find someone who is
authorized to replace Maytag parts under warranty.

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...
G'day,

Appliance Repair Aid August 22nd 05 03:37 AM

Art wrote:
I just had Maytag out a few weeks ago at a cost of $155 to replace the bad
motor under the parts warranty. The new motor works but it is noisier than
the original motor. I will not be giving Maytag any more of my money.
Thank you for the information though. I may look to find someone who is
authorized to replace Maytag parts under warranty.

I have heard but no first hand experience with them that Marcone will
ship warranty parts for the shipping cost.

http://www.marcone.com/

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/