DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   another CRAZY question! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/117688-another-crazy-question.html)

rosie read n' post August 19th 05 10:34 PM

another CRAZY question!

i am remodeling my kitchen and no longer need my range/oven
(GE PROFILE ELECTRIC)

i will be putting in a VIKING cooktop.
can i use just the oven of the GE PROFILE?
in other words, can the top (burners )come off?

rosie

Doug Miller August 19th 05 11:12 PM

In article , "rosie read n' post" wrote:
i am remodeling my kitchen and no longer need my range/oven
(GE PROFILE ELECTRIC)

i will be putting in a VIKING cooktop.
can i use just the oven of the GE PROFILE?
in other words, can the top (burners )come off?

Ummmm.... did you mean to email this question to the customer service
department at Viking?

--
Regards,

Edwin Pawlowski August 20th 05 01:00 AM

"rosie read n' post" wrote in message
i am remodeling my kitchen and no longer need my range/oven
(GE PROFILE ELECTRIC)

i will be putting in a VIKING cooktop.
can i use just the oven of the GE PROFILE?
in other words, can the top (burners )come off?

rosie

Sure, you can take them off, but what do you put in their place? You could
not put counter top over it. The top would have to be metal and insulated,
possibly vented just like the openings around the burners provide. It may
be possible, but it may not be practical.