DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   500 microns? - then you are a HACK!! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/117662-500-microns-then-you-hack.html)

papaya August 19th 05 07:20 PM

500 microns? - then you are a HACK!!

if you only pull 500 microns of vacuum for your customer, you are not
getting all of the water out and are going to be making hydrochloric acid
for them, so they can buy a new unit from you, Mr. Con Artist.

quit ripping off the customer and change your pump oil or buy a new pump and
start pumping with good enough equipment, and for a long enough time, to get
down to 50 - 75 microns for an hour.

if you don't understand what the oil has to do with the final amount of
vacuum, or don't understand what are "microns" or don't have a precision way
to measure them, PLEASE RETIRE, because YOU SUCK, you INCOMPETENT HACK

Travis Jordan August 19th 05 07:57 PM

papaya wrote:
if you only pull 500 microns of vacuum for your customer, you are not
getting all of the water out and are going to be making hydrochloric
acid for them, so they can buy a new unit from you, Mr. Con Artist.

Most manufacturers installation instructions say evacuate to 350
microns, then insure that the vacuum holds for at least a minute after
closing off the vacuum pump. Their instructions (and their warranty)
are good enough for me.

bill August 19th 05 08:02 PM

In article ,
"papaya" wrote:

if you only pull 500 microns of vacuum for your customer, you are not
getting all of the water out and are going to be making hydrochloric acid
for them, so they can buy a new unit from you, Mr. Con Artist.

quit ripping off the customer and change your pump oil or buy a new pump and
start pumping with good enough equipment, and for a long enough time, to get
down to 50 - 75 microns for an hour.

if you don't understand what the oil has to do with the final amount of
vacuum, or don't understand what are "microns" or don't have a precision way
to measure them, PLEASE RETIRE, because YOU SUCK, you INCOMPETENT HACK

You're a uninformed dipstick who posts about things you don't know ****
about.
At 500 microns water boils at minus 12 degree's which is plenty to get
the water out.
At 50 microns you're boiling the oil out.

--

Paul's cat got a furball and kept saying weasel's name.

*Hack* *Hack* *hack*

DiDo August 19th 05 10:01 PM

Gentlemen
I do not want blow you bobble however I think
that you are depending far to much on micron gauge
am I? nut no I am not I have been doing refrigeration work
guess? for over 40 years and field work since 1969
first good mechanic must visualized ( presume lost of gas)
how refrigerant was lost if is on high side or low side
if is on high side take in consideration what it will take to
fix the leak or problem and go from there on, it could
need just half hour or couple hours that determine how long
you will keep system open and to get it fix.
Low side leak again examined problem was the unit running
with no refrigerant in the system or did unit shut down on safety
how long was it with out any refrigerant in it, all this things
must be taken in consideration, only then you can
decide how long you will need to have it on vacuum
low side could be from hour to overnight and more if it
happen that solid water got into system, first you must
purge it with nitrogen (GN2) try to blow out all water as
possible then and only then put it on vacuum.
Now micron gauge With reading on the gauge
of 100 MICRONS YOU CAN STILL HAVE WATER
IN THE SYSTEM? impossible I have news for you
It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more. Procedure is to pump system down
for couple hours then purge the system with GN2
let it sit for hour with GN2 in it then put on vacuum again
this procedure you may have to do few times depend
on size of the unit it self. I would also recommend changing
of oil "filter drier must" open and clean oil separator if there
is one plus add oil filter on return line On POE system
oil change is must and do not put clean oil in until
you have evacuated system first.
and no you are not boiling oil out what you see is oil bubbling
you are taken out residue of gas and moisture
Good luck Dido say that

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
.. .

PrecisionMachinisT August 19th 05 11:01 PM

"DiDo" wrote in message

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW, no
"boiling" is needed.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03598.htm

--

SVL

~^Johnny^~ August 19th 05 11:32 PM

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~^Johnny^~ August 19th 05 11:38 PM

~^Johnny^~ August 19th 05 11:58 PM

DiDo August 20th 05 12:26 AM

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"DiDo" wrote in message

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW, no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

DiDo August 20th 05 12:41 AM

"bill" wrote in message
In article ,
"papaya" wrote:

[...]

My dear freinds
who ever told you that, he or she better get
little more knowlage and experience
or is it what you saying that if I evacuate system to
10 microns I will pump all of the oil out of compressor
you are so nerow mined I do not why
I bother answering
From Dido

Matt August 20th 05 12:59 AM

What are these fabulous 'microns' you speak of, and where may I obtain
them?

Are they expensive?

I must have some.

bill August 20th 05 01:28 AM

In article ,
~^Johnny^~ wrote:

With a single-stage vacuum pump, a good idea is to triple evacuate,
anyway.

A single stage pump cannot pull a vacuum that can remove moisture.

bill August 20th 05 01:29 AM

In article 97uNe.1432$3%1.292@trndny08, "DiDo"
wrote:

You're a uninformed dipstick who posts about things you don't know ****
about.
At 500 microns water boils at minus 12 degree's which is plenty to get
the water out.
At 50 microns you're boiling the oil out.

My dear freinds
who ever told you that, he or she better get
little more knowlage and experience
or is it what you saying that if I evacuate system to
10 microns I will pump all of the oil out of compressor
you are so nerow mined I do not why
I bother answering
From Dido

Dildo YOU need to do some reading.

bill August 20th 05 01:32 AM

In article IUtNe.29$rA2.28@trndny02, "DiDo"
wrote:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW, no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

Cite your sources dildo. Or do you just pull **** out of your ass like
weasel does?

DiDo August 20th 05 01:44 AM

Answer one question
on how many units did you work that do run at
-85 degrees Fahrenheit and must make -100
yes you can use R-11, R-114 and few others
but field person must use what is readily available
and don't come telling people what is in book
but from your own experience work done.
ANYTHING I POST I HAVE ALREADY DONE IT
I do not IMAGINE IT I did it
I suggest not only to you but to any that read this
get some books on ultra low temperature and start
reading before you come back to me
with some stupid answers that you have no idea
of what the heck you are talking about it is bloody disgrace
that some of you. servicing air conditioners and nothing ales
as long as you being doing this and you think you are expert
on refrigeration, with answers and posting you gave
if I was to gave you to clean my bathroom I strongly believe
that my bathroom would be insulted,
and Johnny this does not only pretend to you.
You have big company

Dr. Hardcrab August 20th 05 02:15 AM

wrote:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under
low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW,
no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

Cite your sources dildo. Or do you just pull **** out of your ass like
weasel does?

JEEBUS CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!!!!

This damn place is turning into alt.hvac........

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com August 20th 05 02:18 AM

wrote:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under
low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW,
no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

Cite your sources dildo. Or do you just pull **** out of your ass like
weasel does?

JEEBUS CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!!!!

This damn place is turning into alt.hvac........

Shee-it !!!! :-(

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/

JohnR66 August 20th 05 03:06 AM

wrote:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under
low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as
'sublimation'.....IOW, no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

Cite your sources dildo. Or do you just pull **** out of your ass like
weasel does?

JEEBUS CHRIST ON A CRACKER!!!!!!

This damn place is turning into alt.hvac........

It is. Check the cross posting...

bill August 20th 05 03:23 AM

In article D1vNe.131$Fq2.90@trndny03, "DiDo"
wrote:

[...]

You aren't the only one who works on low temp refrigeration.

You can't spew bull**** and not be called on it. Cite your sources dildo.
Or STFU.
There. You've been called on it. Pony up or pussy out.

Jake August 20th 05 03:33 AM

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"DiDo" wrote in message

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW, no
"boiling" is needed.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03598.htm

--

SVL

Sam,

I think Dido is talking about when you have a evap coil exposed to other
cold temps within a running freezer.. a common occurence in the
commercial world.

This is what the man meant, I believe.

Jake

Noon-Air August 20th 05 04:27 AM

Dude, I got no idea what you are babbling on about.
reply below

"papaya" wrote in message
if you only pull 500 microns of vacuum for your customer, you are not
getting all of the water out and are going to be making hydrochloric acid
for them, so they can buy a new unit from you, Mr. Con Artist.

Maybe if your pump is too big...

quit ripping off the customer and change your pump oil or buy a new pump
and start pumping with good enough equipment, and for a long enough time,
to get down to 50 - 75 microns for an hour.

Umm..... you better check the specs on *new* pumps... they are rated for and
tested for a *maximum* of 50 microns

if you don't understand what the oil has to do with the final amount of
vacuum, or don't understand what are "microns" or don't have a precision
way to measure them, PLEASE RETIRE, because YOU SUCK, you INCOMPETENT HACK

Do it right with N2 purge while brazing, new filter dryer, and use a small
vacuum pump(4 - 6 CFM) with new oil, and you won't have a problem drawing
down to between 300 - 400 microns. Too big of a vacuum pump will cause too
fast of a draw-down and cause any water in the system to turn to ice. OTOH,
If you are really gonna be that anal and have the time to leave your vacuum
pump on a resi system for 2 days while trying to draw it down to 50 microns,
then by all means, knock yourself out.

chip August 20th 05 04:29 AM

On 19 Aug 2005 16:59:55 -0700, "Matt" wrote:

What are these fabulous 'microns' you speak of, and where may I obtain
them?

Are they expensive?

I must have some.

don't new a/c installs have to be evacuated to 300 microns? in
automotive we use 600 microns, but we also use 0-rings instead of
sweated fittings.
I'd really like to see the vaccuum pump that will pull it to 50
microns.
Chip

PrecisionMachinisT August 20th 05 04:32 AM

"DiDo" wrote in message

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under

low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW,

no
"boiling" is needed.

keep on dreaming you will learn sooner or later
From Dido

Well, I spose it was rather unrealistic of me to expect an illiterate
****wit such as yourself to actually comprehend much if any of the
information contained within the link I posted, and I guess I might be one
of only a few that actually paid much attention in 9th grade science
classes.

Still, appreciate if you don't send me anymore email on the topic.

--

SVL

PrecisionMachinisT August 20th 05 04:43 AM

"Jake" wrote in message
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
"DiDo" wrote in message

It is possible! how? well while water boils at low pressures
but it ALSO FREEZES and once it get frozen it does not
boils any more.

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase under

low
pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as 'sublimation'.....IOW,

no
"boiling" is needed.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasc.../chem03598.htm

--

SVL

Sam,

I think Dido is talking about when you have a evap coil exposed to other
cold temps within a running freezer.. a common occurence in the
commercial world.

This is what the man meant, I believe.

Jake,

Doesn't matter--next time it snows, watch your outside temp real close, and
take note of any period over several days, or perhaps up to a week where the
temp stays constantly below freezing....notice that the snow 'just kinda
dissapears'....given enough time, it will eventually dissapear altogether,
without ever reaching a temp above freezing, and without rain falling on it,
etc.....now note that this process speeds up considerably at pressures below
atmospheric.

--

SVL

Jake August 20th 05 04:55 AM

Jake,

Doesn't matter--next time it snows, watch your outside temp real close, and
take note of any period over several days, or perhaps up to a week where the
temp stays constantly below freezing....notice that the snow 'just kinda
dissapears'....given enough time, it will eventually dissapear altogether,
without ever reaching a temp above freezing, and without rain falling on it,
etc.....now note that this process speeds up considerably at pressures below
atmospheric.

--

SVL

OK, I buy that! The info in your article also said "If you've got a
week" or something similar. I don't think a tech in the field has that
kind of time, so perhaps that's what Dido is addressing.

I've seen ice develop in commercial Vacuum systems, and it does not
dissipate easily... it takes a long and slow pull. (NO one please make a
inference from this given my comments below)...

I *do* understand the pressure relationship, believe it or not....

BTW, I think I was either drunk or high in 9th grade science class...or
perhaps making passes at the lovely 'Tracey' that sat next to me, as I
recall. Tracey ended up on crack or welfare, or both, I think...

Oh, I got an A in Science... maybe it was Math, or English... or
something (-;.....

ahhhh... the '70's. DON'T TRY THIS NOW, KIDS!

Jake

Richard J Kinch August 20th 05 07:15 AM

PrecisionMachinisT writes:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase
under low pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as
'sublimation'

No, not without heat added.

No, not when the water is hydrating another substance.

Richard J Kinch August 20th 05 07:18 AM

bill writes:

At 500 microns water boils at minus 12 degree's which is plenty to get
the water out.

It will not vaporize without the addition of heat.

It will not vaporize if it is bound to another substance.

PrecisionMachinisT August 20th 05 07:52 AM

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
PrecisionMachinisT writes:

Frozen water changes directly from the solid into the vapor phase
under low pressure conditions, due to a phenomena known as
'sublimation'

No, not without heat added.

Dont be a ****wit.

_Pressure_= heat.....

No, not when the water is hydrating another substance.

And so now pray tell just what the hell is this mysterious 'substance' youve
added ( to the case in point)

Hmmm.......

Given a vacuum with some small amount of frozen water in it........will it
( eventually ) sublime or no ???

--

SVL

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com August 20th 05 12:16 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:18:11 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

bill writes:

At 500 microns water boils at minus 12 degree's which is plenty to get
the water out.

It will not vaporize without the addition of heat.

It will not vaporize if it is bound to another substance.

What line of work are you in, exactly ? I know it ain't HVAC

[email protected] August 20th 05 12:57 PM

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

_Pressure_= heat.....

Learn something new every day around here.

Nick

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com August 20th 05 01:00 PM

On 20 Aug 2005 07:57:28 -0400, wrote:

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

_Pressure_= heat.....

Learn something new every day around here.

Nick

Don't you have a big nasty program for that one ? :-)

papaya August 20th 05 01:41 PM

don't new a/c installs have to be evacuated to 300 microns? in
automotive we use 600 microns, but we also use 0-rings instead of
sweated fittings.
I'd really like to see the vaccuum pump that will pull it to 50
microns.
Chip

" in automotive we use 600 microns"

EXCUSE ME???

WHAT KIND OF BULL**** "MECHANIC" ARE YOU??

I am in automotive A/C, and we use 50-75 microns vacuum, if you use 600 then
you are screwing your customers, and blaming O-rings for your insufficient
vacuum is ridiculous, what the hell do you think the seals your manifold
gauge set, hoses, and all other equipment are made up of?

you need to be in the special olympics, rather than working on automotive
A/C, you stupid retard hack

DiDo August 20th 05 02:29 PM

wrote:

[...]

No I am not you are absulutly right
Good luck Dido

bill August 20th 05 02:38 PM

In article pfGNe.132$p32.83@trndny06, "DiDo"
wrote:

You aren't the only one who works on low temp refrigeration.

No I am not you are absulutly right
Good luck Dildo

You can't spew bull**** and not be called on it. Cite your sources dildo.
Or STFU.
There. You've been called on it. Pony up or pussy out.

So you're going to pussy out I take it?

Stormin Mormon August 21st 05 02:56 AM

Ah, an excellent question. A micron is a stone that is mined in South
Africa.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

oups.com...

Richard J Kinch August 21st 05 06:07 AM

PrecisionMachinisT writes:

No, not when the water is hydrating another substance.

And so now pray tell just what the hell is this mysterious 'substance'
youve added ( to the case in point)

Dessicants, lubricants, contaminants. They will not release water of
hydration just because you apply a vacuum at ambient temperatures.
Neither will slugs of free water trapped in lines, without either a lot
of time or an external heating source.

Given a vacuum with some small amount of frozen water in
it........will it ( eventually ) sublime or no ???

Only in proportion to the heat added. It *will not* sublime at all if
there is no heat added, even in a perfect vacuum.

The universe is full of solid water in the near-perfect vacuum of space.
Comets are an example.

Commercial food freeze-drying apparatus provide a circulating heat
medium on the trays. You can't just shove hunks of wet food in a vacuum
chamber and pump it down to freeze-dry it, practically speaking.
Neither can you dry out a wet HVAC system by leaving it on a vacuum. I
know this is an article of faith in the HVAC trade, but it is a myth
beacuse the tradesmen only learn a shallow smattering of chemistry and
thermodynamics. And they just want to believe it.

Richard J Kinch August 21st 05 06:41 AM

I am not sure where you live but it is about 600 degrees F warmer than
"space " on earth, even in the winter. There is plenty of available
heat to sublimate water.

Repeat after me: temperature is not heat.

PrecisionMachinisT August 21st 05 06:44 AM

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
.. .
PrecisionMachinisT writes:

Only in proportion to the heat added. It *will not* sublime at all if
there is no heat added, even in a perfect vacuum.

Ignore the entire concept of latent heat if its convenient to you then....

Point being is the heat was already added or subtrcated from the sytstem
before or after the phase change took place........still, its pressure
causing the actual change to occur.

Im done, your a ****wit and my opinion still stands.

And I've heard that it's ****ing hotter than hell out there, too...

--