DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   what's the reason? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116893-whats-reason.html)

RB August 13th 05 07:05 AM

what's the reason?

I notice the home portable generator sets have warnings to not let the unit
get wet. What is the risk of getting wt?

I suppose it has to do with the open frame generators that are prevalent
now. Theory being that water intrustion would cause arcs and sparks, and
they would self destruct as a result of internal shorts.

Is this what it is?

G Henslee August 13th 05 04:10 PM

RB wrote:
I notice the home portable generator sets have warnings to not let the unit
get wet. What is the risk of getting wt?

I suppose it has to do with the open frame generators that are prevalent
now. Theory being that water intrustion would cause arcs and sparks, and
they would self destruct as a result of internal shorts.

Is this what it is?

What much else could it be?

FDR August 13th 05 04:20 PM

"G Henslee" wrote in message
RB wrote:
I notice the home portable generator sets have warnings to not let the
unit get wet. What is the risk of getting wt?

Shock, electrocution maybe?