Jim

The Sanity Inspector wrote:

Is it just my imagination, or are Raid and Hot Shot and Black
Flag all weaker now than in years past? Have all the effective active
ingredients been banned over tha past thirty years? Seems like bug
spray used to pack more stopping power. Now, the roaches and such
crawl around for several minutes, have a grand mal seizure, and don't
die for another several minutes. And flying insects easily zoom
away--they only drop if you corner them.

We fought roaches in our place with every possible spray, including those
the pest control people brought. None of it worked. Then, after reading an
article on roach motels, I decided to give Combat a shot. They were the
people who developed the original roach motels and their formula is
supposed to be especially good. Result: One week of Combat and the roaches
disappeared. And they haven't been back since, except for the occasional
straggler who wanders in through an open door. The ones in the cabinets and
walls are all gone. It has served us well for a couple of years now.
The Sanity Inspector

Default Weak insecticides

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.
KenStahl

The Sanity Inspector wrote:

Is it just my imagination, or are Raid and Hot Shot and Black
Flag all weaker now than in years past? Have all the effective active
ingredients been banned over tha past thirty years? Seems like bug
spray used to pack more stopping power. Now, the roaches and such
crawl around for several minutes, have a grand mal seizure, and don't
die for another several minutes. And flying insects easily zoom
away--they only drop if you corner them.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.
-- The Jam

I have a device that looks like a paddle-ball racket except
that the "strings" are electrified. Does wonders on flying
insects plus it provides a nice little electrical show.

--
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com
Abe

I have a device that looks like a paddle-ball racket except
that the "strings" are electrified. Does wonders on flying
insects plus it provides a nice little electrical show.

What's it called?

KenStahl

Abe wrote:
I have a device that looks like a paddle-ball racket except
that the "strings" are electrified. Does wonders on flying
insects plus it provides a nice little electrical show.

What's it called?

I call it my bug zapper, but I don't think anyone actually
gave it a name when it was manufactured.

http://store.worldwidegadgets.com/bugzapper.html

--
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com

kcaj

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 00:14:59 GMT, The Sanity Inspector
wrote:

Is it just my imagination, or are Raid and Hot Shot and Black
Flag all weaker now than in years past? Have all the effective active
ingredients been banned over tha past thirty years? Seems like bug
spray used to pack more stopping power. Now, the roaches and such
crawl around for several minutes, have a grand mal seizure, and don't
die for another several minutes. And flying insects easily zoom
away--they only drop if you corner them.

I have seen this recently advertised on TV a few times.
The only reason I paid any attention to it is because thy
stated the killing power lasted an entire year. I haven't
seen a pesticide in 10 years that claimed to be able to
kill roaches and other insects an entire year. Not one
the public could use. They make good products and
I would bet it works based on the other products
they manufacture that I have used. I haven't checked
but they probably carry this @ Home Depot.

http://www.homedefensemax.com/scotts...?event=product

http://www.homedefensemax.com/scotts...nt=Home.Normal

http://www.ortho.com/
KenStahl

I call it my bug zapper,

I usually put it in the area of my ass.
That's where the concentration of bugs can be found.

Holger Dansk

The pest control companies use high tech killers for roaches. One of
them causes mutations of roaches. You will see them with legs missing
or additional legs, etc. They breed themselves out of existence.

"Put baking soda under sinks near pipe openings and along basement
windows to repel ants, silver fish and roaches. Roaches will dehydrate
and die after eating baking soda."

Holger

Outta Sight

On 13 Aug 2005 17:36:38 -0700, "Holger Dansk" wrote:

The pest control companies use high tech killers for roaches. One of
them causes mutations of roaches. You will see them with legs missing
or additional legs, etc. They breed themselves out of existence.

"Put baking soda under sinks near pipe openings and along basement
windows to repel ants, silver fish and roaches. Roaches will dehydrate
and die after eating baking soda."

Holger

Never heard that about baking soda. I do know that powered boric acid will
do what you describe, but you do need to place it so that is not accessible
to pets and children.
KenStahl

...but you do need to place it so that is not accessible to pets and children.

Darn.
That would leave my ass out.