DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wire Sizes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116809-wire-sizes.html)

a12vman August 12th 05 08:40 PM

Wire Sizes

Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet
50A Stove Outlet
30A H20 Tank

Thanks,
-a12vman

Colbyt August 12th 05 10:16 PM

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet
50A Stove Outlet
30A H20 Tank

Thanks,
-a12vman

Using copper
30A= #10
50A= #6

H20 tank may require a #6 separate bare ground wire connected to the water
pipe at the heater based on local codes.

Do you really need 50A for the stove?

40A= #8

Chris Lewis August 12th 05 10:24 PM

According to Colbyt :

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet
50A Stove Outlet
30A H20 Tank

Thanks,
-a12vman

Using copper
30A= #10
50A= #6

50A == #6 or #8 depends on precise wire type and length.

#6 will almost always be right, #8 much less so.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

SQLit August 12th 05 11:14 PM

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet
50A Stove Outlet
30A H20 Tank

Thanks,
-a12vman

Other posters have given you the wire sizes.

What you may not know is that the water heater usually take 3 wires.
Where as the dryer and Stove will take 4 wires. Most people use SER cable
for these larger loads.

Better check your appliances to be sure.

[email protected] August 13th 05 12:43 AM

Greetings,

Where I live people normally use 10 AWG Romex not SER.

Hope this helps,
William

Stormin Mormon August 14th 05 10:54 PM

"a12vman" wrote in message
. ..
Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet - 10 gage copper
50A Stove Outlet - 6 gage aluminum
30A H20 Tank - 10 gage copper

Tony Hwang August 28th 05 12:36 AM

a12vman wrote:

Can I get the proper wire sizes for the following:

30A Dryer Outlet
50A Stove Outlet
30A H20 Tank

Thanks,
-a12vman

Hi,
To have peace in mind, #8, #6, #8 in order.
Tony