Jason

Default Kenmore Washer problem..water leaking...

Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom
somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session
it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?
Ken

Jason wrote:

Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom
somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session
it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?

Could be anywhere, but most often such leaks are the pump. You need to
pull it away from the wall and look for the leak.

Jason wrote:
Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom
somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session
it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?

Talk about a coincidental. I have the same problem, except mine is a
GE. You may want to take the bottom grill off and watch it during a
cycle to see when and from where it's leaking. On ours the leak
happens during the draining phase. There is a little toggling switch
valve thingy that moves via a spring when it discharges the water.
It's when this valve opens it leaks. I'm guessing there is something
within the housing of that part like a gasket or something that needs
replacement.

I have the repair folks coming out today to fix it so I'll give you an
update when I get it fixed.

MrC1

I've been trying to get my GE water leak fixed for 2 months now. I've got a
home warranty, so I just called them for service after I couldn't figure out
where the leak was.

They've now been out 5 times and I still have a leak. What's worse, they're
now refusing to do anything more, saying that it's been fixed. My question
is, why is there water all over the floor and running under my cabinets when
I do a load of dishes? Hmmmm, must be a LEAK! haha

I've done everything I can think to do on this thing. The level is good
(actually tipped towards the back a little), the gaskets are good, including
the corners, I'm not using too much soap, on and on. Man, this is getting
frustrating.

"Jason" wrote in message
Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom
somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session
it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

Washer make, model#, approx age??

Leaks when filling, draining, agitating, right away, near the end of
the cycle????

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Matt

Jason wrote:
Within the last week our Washer has started to leak from the bottom
somewhere. We are not over filling as even on the lowest session
it still leaks water all over the floor. Any ideas?

This guy Jeff of Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com/ and
his website are likely to be able to help you. Buy your parts from him.