Corinne

Default Bleached Oak Cabinets

Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up
my kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

Thanks in advance.

Corinne
Edwin Pawlowski

"Corinne" wrote in message
Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up my
kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Any good paint store will have a selection of fillers that will be close.
With the thousands of shades of stains and finishes, doubt any will be
exact, especially after aging a few years.

Luke

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:46:34 -0700, Corinne
wrote:

Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up
my kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

What's wrong with the cabinets? Putty is used for relatively large
holes. Wax pencil is better for small holes, may also work for some
dings. Scratches and other blemishes require other solutions. Putties
and wax pencils come in a variety of wood tones. You may or may not be
able to get an off-the-shelf match.

--
Luke
"I believe in the division of labor. You send us to Congress; we pass
Norminn

Corinne wrote:
Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up
my kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Since you are suggesting putty, one assumes you have dents, holes or
deep scratches to conceal? Putty sticks are available in many colors,
in most paint depts. that sell wood stain. Have never used them myself.
If the damage is overall wear and tear, and the wood is real (not
printed woodgrain or formica) you might want to consider refinishing.
Big job.

Corinne

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Corinne" wrote in message

Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up my
kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

Thanks in advance.

Corinne

Any good paint store will have a selection of fillers that will be close.
With the thousands of shades of stains and finishes, doubt any will be
exact, especially after aging a few years.

Thanks so much. You always have helpful info.

Corinne

Corinne

wrote:

Is there a product, such as a wood putty, that can be used to touch up
my kitchen cabinets which are called "Bleached Oak".

What's wrong with the cabinets? Putty is used for relatively large
holes. Wax pencil is better for small holes, may also work for some
dings. Scratches and other blemishes require other solutions. Putties
and wax pencils come in a variety of wood tones. You may or may not be
able to get an off-the-shelf match.

Thanks Luke. One cabinet has a tiny hole in it, and I patched it with a
yellowish type putty that worked fine.

I was just wondering if there was a close match of some type.

I did find out that if there are scratches, I can simply put white paint
on it, and then wipe it off. The white paint absorbs into the scratch
and looks pretty good.

Corinne