John Doe

Default Hoover SteamVac... Agility?

Anybody own a Hoover SteamVac Agility or the cheaper Hoover
DeepCleaning SteamVac? How goes it? Is there any current SteamVac
model you are especially impressed with for its value or function?
Personally, I plan to spend no more than about USD200.

Apparently SteamVacs do not use steam, however some do use heated
air?

I would also like something that can also help clean hard surfaces.
A maid might be nice [playing].

Thank you.

For what it's worth. I bought one of the original Hoover Caddy Vac
U5110900 small vacuum cleaners. I like the design but the springs
have fallen off of the machine. The spring that puts tension on the
tilt release lever and the spring that holds the attachment cover
closed both fell/broke off. That is with careful use. It still
functions well enough.
SQLit

"John Doe" wrote in message
Anybody own a Hoover SteamVac Agility or the cheaper Hoover
DeepCleaning SteamVac? How goes it? Is there any current SteamVac
model you are especially impressed with for its value or function?
Personally, I plan to spend no more than about USD200.

Apparently SteamVacs do not use steam, however some do use heated
air?

I would also like something that can also help clean hard surfaces.
A maid might be nice [playing].

Thank you.

I do not own carpet so your on your own there.
I do have a lot of tile. The Hoover floor mate works well for me.

CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

John Doe wrote:
Anybody own a Hoover SteamVac Agility or the cheaper Hoover
DeepCleaning SteamVac? How goes it? Is there any current SteamVac
model you are especially impressed with for its value or function?
Personally, I plan to spend no more than about USD200.

Apparently SteamVacs do not use steam, however some do use heated
air?

I would also like something that can also help clean hard surfaces.
A maid might be nice [playing].

Thank you.

For what it's worth. I bought one of the original Hoover Caddy Vac
U5110900 small vacuum cleaners. I like the design but the springs
have fallen off of the machine. The spring that puts tension on the
tilt release lever and the spring that holds the attachment cover
closed both fell/broke off. That is with careful use. It still
functions well enough.

this too is a plastic piece of junk. They use hot water. They break.
Well we use ours about once every 2 weeks so maybe its wear and tear. I
dont see anything special about any of them. Water on the floor, suck
it up. thats all there is to it.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

I've used a "steam vac" for about 7 yrs. It sprays a mix of detergent
and water you heat (about 1 gal. tank) onto carpet for scrubbing and
sucking-up. They provide a sucker-adapter for hard surfaces, but a
sponge mop is simpler.

On carpets, I've managed to return some dingy wall-wall polyester crap
to a semblance of color, removing lots of dirt. It won't happen in one
pass.

The vacuum nozzle is at the front- plastic- not to be slammed into
stuff.

HTH,

John Doe

"Art" begunaNOSPAMPLEASE mindspring.com wrote:

Some steam vacs heat the water.

The ones that say "Heated Cleaning"?

From: "Art" begunaNOSPAMPLEASE mindspring.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Hoover SteamVac... Agility?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:02:02 GMT

"John Doe" jdoe usenet.love.invalid wrote in message
news:Xns96B058449C240wisdomfolly 207.115.63.158...
barry sme-online.com wrote:

I've used a "steam vac" for about 7 yrs. It sprays a mix of
detergent and water you heat (about 1 gal. tank) onto carpet for
scrubbing and sucking-up...

So when they say "Heated Cleaning" I guess that is what they're
talking about.

Oh brother.

Hoover SteamVac V2 6-Brush WidePath Brushes Don't Spin Orlanzo Ross Home Repair 4 October 7th 05 01:49 PM
Old Hoover upright vac [email protected] Home Repair 5 August 10th 05 10:09 PM
Hoover Six Washing Machine - Shaking itself to death! Rufus Stone UK diy 9 May 16th 05 11:02 PM
Why doesn't my tumble dryer work whenever I change the condenser cartridge? (Hoover TC650 / TC 650) Itchy UK diy 1 March 28th 05 08:49 AM
Dismantle Hoover w/machine drum? Jordan Home Repair 0 October 9th 04 02:23 PM