Default Top window falls automatically

Hi - i have a problem with my double hung windows. When ever i "unlock"
the window, the top window slides down automatically. Ideally i guess
one pulls down on the top window for it to slide down. But this one
just comes sliding down automatically as soon as i unlock it.

Could you please tell me what is causing this to happen. I also like to
fix things myself - is this something i can do by myself or do i need
to call window-repair for it?

Thanks for any advise...

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - i have a problem with my double hung windows. When ever i "unlock"
the window, the top window slides down automatically. Ideally i guess
one pulls down on the top window for it to slide down. But this one
just comes sliding down automatically as soon as i unlock it.

Could you please tell me what is causing this to happen. I also like to
fix things myself - is this something i can do by myself or do i need
to call window-repair for it?

Thanks for any advise...

Counterbalance is not working. Could be weights and pulleys, could be the
spring things on the sides. Determine what type you have first, then either
repair the cords or replace the parts. Could be some newer version too, but
you didn't give much to go on.

Thanks. It's a double-hung window - installed 5 years ago. I cannot
seem to find the maker - but it looks like the anderson double-hung 200
series. I do not see any "pulley/weight" system. The top window falls
on its own as soon as it is unlocked - it is supposed to slide down
only upon pulling it down. I do not actually see any mechanical system
after it slides down (or after pulling down on the top window). Not
sure how much more details to provide...

William Brown

I have some Andersen double hungs and they are controlled by a very thin
sash cord, hard to see even if you know it is there. On mine, there is
a double channel guiding the window, and the cord is well hidden in the
channel closest to the outside; it gets there through a break in the
upper frame, that almost looks like they just cut the frame a little too
big for the channel divider. If the cord was broken, I think it would
retract and you would not see anything. Do you have another window
without the problem? If so, look at it and see if there is a sash cord.

wrote:
Thanks. It's a double-hung window - installed 5 years ago. I cannot
seem to find the maker - but it looks like the anderson double-hung 200
series. I do not see any "pulley/weight" system. The top window falls
on its own as soon as it is unlocked - it is supposed to slide down
only upon pulling it down. I do not actually see any mechanical system
after it slides down (or after pulling down on the top window). Not
sure how much more details to provide...

Dan Espen

"calhoun" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
William Brown writes:

wrote:
[...]

The 200 is a "tilt out for cleaning" window.
You are not going to find a cord.

Learn something new everyday. I thought the 400 was the tilt and the 200 the
narrowline???

Here is another link to the notice of problems with the series 200:

http://www.andersenwindows.com/corpo...asp?p=40000000

They call the window:

Andersen® 200 Series Tilt-Wash Double-Hung Window

There are even pictures. No cord.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and the top window falls down open also.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

You are stupid enough to feed the trolls, li'l Rodie.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

reams of your stupid troll**** flushed where it belongs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

But YOU are senile enough to comment on every single such post anyway! What
a sad old man you are!

--
Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 12:56:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

pest's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

I see this complaint a lot but I think it's misplaced.

I think homemoaners works differently from home.repair. It's web-based
and emphasizes searching on a topic to find posts on similar topics.
Then people ask their own questions in a thread that can run for years
and is about that topic. It doesn't matter that the previous poster
was 15 years earlier. What matters to the current poster is whether
someone will answer him or not. Homemoaners is happy to have people
answer in a thread that has been running for decades because at least
sometimes, the answers are related. It doers't matter if the poster
from years ago solved his problem or not.

Home.repair posts are seen mostly by current readers. A post doesn't
get connected to one from years ago unless the poster or reader on his
own computer has posts going back years and the chosen subject line is
exactly the same as an earlier subject line. Then the new post and
answer to it get sorted together along with the one from years ago, and
it's very likely the person with lots of very old posts on his own
computer will never see the new post or answers to it, because they will
sort so high in the list.

IOW homemoaners and home.repair work very differently.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

[...]

Usenet invented alt.home.repair.
Homo-owners-chub figured out a way to resurrect old moldy posts, shove advertising up your ass and skim some dollars for themselves along the way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2021 7:02 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window
and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

I see this complaint a lot but I think it's misplaced.

I think homemoaners works differently from home.repair.Â*Â* It's web-based
and emphasizes searching on a topic to find posts on similar topics.
Then people ask their own questions in a thread that can run for years
and is about that topic.Â*Â* It doesn't matter that the previous poster
was 15 years earlier.Â* What matters to the current poster is whether
someone will answer him or not.Â*Â* Homemoaners is happy to have people
answer in a thread that has been running for decades because at least
sometimes, the answers are related.Â* It doers't matter if the poster
from years ago solved his problem or not.

Home.repair posts are seen mostly by current readers.Â* A post doesn't
get connected to one from years ago unless the poster or reader on his
own computer has posts going back years and the chosen subject line is
exactly the same as an earlier subject line.Â*Â* Then the new post and
answer to it get sorted together along with the one from years ago, and
it's very likely the person with lots of very old posts on his own
computer will never see the new post or answers to it, because they will
sort so high in the list.

IOW homemoaners and home.repair work very differently.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Usenet invented alt.home.repair.
Homo-owners-chub figured out a way to resurrect old moldy posts, shove
advertising up your ass and skim some dollars for themselves along the way.

Capitalism at work. Few people have ever heard of usenet and most ISPs
don't carry it. Everyone knows of the WWW.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

[...]

Absolutely. I much prefer Usenet but they homeowners is doing nothing
wrong.

I pefer newsgroups to mailing list and webforums too. Much better
format, much more text with no white space. I think I came up with 15
advantages it has. It's disappointing that it's fading away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

[...]

Except, always failing to include enough content so readers can know
what the hell they are talking about without have to go to the stupid
data stealing site.

I pefer newsgroups to mailing list and webforums too. Much better
format, much more text with no white space. I think I came up with 15
advantages it has. It's disappointing that it's fading away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 12:56:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom window and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

reams of your stupid troll**** flushed where it belongs

Such an original thought, li'l Rodie. You've never said that before!
The *FACT* is that you're stupid enough to feed trolls. Idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

[...]

Except, it's a troll. It's always the same poster and noone from
hommoaners ever replies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

[...]

Bull****. That site is the one that puts the post on usenet, stupid.

and noone from hommoaners ever replies.

That's a pig ignorant lie too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 May 2021 14:32:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 May 2021 16:12:17 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: