Default paint stripper question......

my earlier post i recieved alot of good onfo on what to use to stripper
a dresser....

and now i have another question....
has anyone in here used a product called citrus strip?
if so is it any good?...
reason i am asking is the people at home depot said it would be good to
use since it doesnt have a chemical smell o it.

any help would be appreciated...

thaks in advance

Old_boat

wrote in message
my earlier post i recieved alot of good onfo on what to use to stripper
a dresser....

and now i have another question....
has anyone in here used a product called citrus strip?
if so is it any good?...
reason i am asking is the people at home depot said it would be good to
use since it doesnt have a chemical smell o it.

any help would be appreciated...

thaks in advance

It works, it does smell if citrus, if you are in a closed space it can get
kind of strong. It is not fast, you have to wait hours for it to work, but
if it dries out all you ahve to do is spray water on it and it activates it
again. Redi Strip works same as citra strip but it has no smell at all.
Both are slow because they have taken all the haserdous chemicals out of
them.

Larry

Salty Thumb

"Old_boat" wrote in
news

wrote in message
my earlier post i recieved alot of good onfo on what to use to
stripper a dresser....

and now i have another question....
has anyone in here used a product called citrus strip?
if so is it any good?...
reason i am asking is the people at home depot said it would be good
to use since it doesnt have a chemical smell o it.

any help would be appreciated...

thaks in advance

It works, it does smell if citrus, if you are in a closed space it can
get kind of strong. It is not fast, you have to wait hours for it to
work, but if it dries out all you ahve to do is spray water on it and
it activates it again. Redi Strip works same as citra strip but it
has no smell at all. Both are slow because they have taken all the
haserdous chemicals out of them.

Larry

I've used Citristrip to remove polyurethane (?) from kitchen cabinets. I
don't remember it taking hours, more like 30-45 minutes. One application
to get rid of most of the coating, and a lighter subsequent application
to remove residue. Don't know/remember how well it works on paint. This
was 3-4 years ago and the polyurethane was in poor condition, so that may
have been a factor.

This stuff is weak. I prefer to use the harsh stuff.

Baron

Citristrip works much more slowly than standard strippers and by a
different mechanism. The citrus smell goes a long way and gives me a
headache after a while even in well ventilated conditions.

Citristrip is an NMP based stripper. It works by dissolving the finish
rather than releasing it from the surface as methylene chloride does.
That's why it is slow. It is fairly safe because of its slow evaporation
rate but it is on the expensive side. I found I still had to solvent wash
the pieces I have used it on after removing the stripper.

As far as a "chemical smell", all "smells" are from chemicals. Some are
more toxic than others and some are more pleasant than others but they are
all "chemical".

Good Luck.

wrote in message
my earlier post i recieved alot of good onfo on what to use to stripper
a dresser....

and now i have another question....
has anyone in here used a product called citrus strip?
if so is it any good?...
reason i am asking is the people at home depot said it would be good to
use since it doesnt have a chemical smell o it.

any help would be appreciated...

thaks in advance

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 11:22 AM
Exterior paint question Pete UK diy 1 May 29th 05 02:08 AM
Paint question al UK diy 5 March 31st 05 03:13 PM
Interior Paint prep question Gary Stone Home Repair 17 March 26th 05 10:07 PM
this ought to get everybody fired up.... mel Woodworking 56 March 29th 04 04:53 PM