david

Default Cold Water?

I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer months
other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar to
a water heater for cold water?
TIA,
Dave

david wrote:
I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer months
other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar to
a water heater for cold water?
TIA,
Dave

How about your very own drinking fountain or refrigerated bottled water
setup.

Edwin Pawlowski

"david" wrote in message
Was looking for cold tap water for like showering and washing.

How hot is the water that it is too warm for a shower?

There are commercial chillers but they are expensive to buy and to operate.
http://www.ptb-sales.com/lab-test/chillers/water.html
http://www.waterchillers.com/acs.html

Harry K

david wrote:
Was looking for cold tap water for like showering and washing.

wrote in message
ups.com...

david wrote:
I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer
months
other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar
a water heater for cold water?
TIA,
Dave

How about your very own drinking fountain or refrigerated bottled water
setup.

What is your water source? I have lived in the south and never had a
problem with not having cold water from city services. If on a well, I
can see your pressure tank heating up during the day. If so, just run
the tank down until the pump starts and you'll have water at about 50
degrees.

Harry K

Jay Britton

"david" wrote in message
I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer

months
other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything similiar

a water heater for cold water?
TIA,
Dave

I lived in a trailer in Kuwait for six months (and you think Phoenix is
HOT!!!). What we did was turn off the water heater and then you are storing
water in your air conditioned living space and it works just the opposite of
a normal water heater. You turn on the 'Cold' for hot water from the
municipal system and 'Hot' for the air conditioned water you are storing!

Jay

Don Young

There are refrigerated water chillers but for most people the installation
and operating costs would be prohibitive. An evaporative cooling tower might
not be too expensive to run but the installation and maintenance costs would
be high. A large tank, deeply buried, might help some but would be expensive
to install and might not be satisfactory from a cooling standpoint. It might
be easier to cool the bathroom way down, install fans, and then enjoy a nice
warm shower :-).
Don Young
"david" wrote in message
Was looking for cold tap water for like showering and washing.

wrote in message
ups.com...

"david" wrote:

I live in Phoenix AZ (Proving grounds for hell) and during the summer
months other than late at night cold water is only a memory. Anything
similiar to a water heater for cold water?

How about a 4"x20' PVC pressurized pipe near the ceiling with a sock
over it (the kind used to cover 4" black corrugated flexible perforated
drain pipe) and a plastic gutter beneath and a 10 watt fountain pump
and a smaller pipe with holes over the 4" pipe and a float valve
to keep the gutter full?

Nick