DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to remove marble sealer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116198-how-remove-marble-sealer.html)

jibberjabber August 7th 05 12:00 AM

How to remove marble sealer

We have some tumbled travertine (4x4, loose, not laid yet) that is sealed
with TileLab SurfaceGard Penetrating Sealer (the good stuff). We want to
remove that sealer and then apply a color enhancing sealer.

I tried Superior Pro-Strip Sealer and Adhesive Remover. It just beaded up,
even after an hour.

In a small test area I wiped it with a little no-rinse liquid paint stripper
(pure solvents, no residue) and it seems like it would do the trick. But I
really don't know about applying something like that to a marble.

thoughts?

G Henslee August 7th 05 04:38 PM

jibberjabber wrote:
We have some tumbled travertine (4x4, loose, not laid yet) that is sealed
with TileLab SurfaceGard Penetrating Sealer (the good stuff). We want to
remove that sealer and then apply a color enhancing sealer.

I tried Superior Pro-Strip Sealer and Adhesive Remover. It just beaded up,
even after an hour.

In a small test area I wiped it with a little no-rinse liquid paint stripper
(pure solvents, no residue) and it seems like it would do the trick. But I
really don't know about applying something like that to a marble.

thoughts?

Stripper. Careful...

http://www.aldonchem.com/pr-premium-stripper.htm

paulsteen86 March 11th 10 08:40 AM

How to remove marble sealer

paulsteen86 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ler-20166-.htm
:

You could use chemicals for this that can soften the sealing. but you
should be careful with this. You can also hire an expert to do this job
for can sure that your marble wont be affected by removing those marble
sealer. Try to visit Heaven Sent Floor Care their offer jobs similar to
this, just opened up to http://heavensentfloorcare.com/. Maybe this will
be helpful to you!