DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lawn tractor charging light (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116045-lawn-tractor-charging-light.html)

[email protected] August 6th 05 04:17 AM

Lawn tractor charging light

I have a JD 172 lawn tractor. After starting it up the battery light
stays on. I tried a new battery , but it still stays on. Is there an
easy why to track down the problem?
Thanks
Mike

Tony Hwang August 6th 05 07:13 AM

wrote:

I have a JD 172 lawn tractor. After starting it up the battery light
stays on. I tried a new battery , but it still stays on. Is there an
easy why to track down the problem?
Thanks
Mike

Hi,
Three things, battery, charger which is alternator(old days it was
generator) and regulator(could be integral to alternator. Have a
multi-meter? See what the charging voltage is first. Checking the
battery with hydrometer is good too.
Tony