Walter R.

Default How can I upload an image?

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

-

Walter R.

Please read a post more carefully before responding. I did not ask what I
should *not* do. (I know that very well). I asked how it *should* be done,
without posting an image to a non-binary NG. Strictly negative responses are
a worthless waste of bandwidth.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

-

Greetings Walter,

If you just have one or two sets e-mail them to me and I'll slap it up
for you and give you a URL. If you have many more you can get a free
webpage or pay for a cheap hosting plan.

I make no suggestions but you can find an example free site at:
http://www.doteasy.com/

Hope this helps,
William

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Walter R. wrote:
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a post?

The easiest way is to upload the photo to a personal webpage, then post the URL
into the nonbinary newsgroup. As a personal aside, I won't click on a shortened
URL... you have no idea where you're going until you get there. I prefer to
look before I leap. Others may also....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

This really has been thrashed to dust over the years. Try DAGS first.
RTFM and all that.

Besides, English has potential for word-pictures. See Conrad,
Sandburg, Lincoln, etc.

TTFN,

Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
Please read a post more carefully before responding. I did not ask what I
should *not* do. (I know that very well). I asked how it *should* be
done, without posting an image to a non-binary NG. Strictly negative

Walter
www.rationality.net

I read your post and understood what YOU wrote just fine.
You did NOT state that you knew anything about posting suggestions nor
guidelines to a non binary group, NOR did you state in any manner that you
knew, or even realized that this is a non binary group.
You asked a question, and you got an answer, based upon what you yourself
wrote.
Negative? Waste of bandwidth? You asked a question and you got an answer,
sorry if it didnt suit you and you had to reply in a negative ****y manner.
What a waste of bandwith.
Might I suggest then, that you learn how to use your computer at any of the
various sites that can be Googled, or searched via your web browser that
tell you how to upload items to the net as some of us have for many years
since little has changed in that manner.
The simplist manner is to use the free webspace that is provided by your
local ISP if its worth a damn, and to use any of the various free FTP
programs that allow you to search your computer for the files and pics that
you wish to transfer to the local space provided at no cost to you by your
ISP..
Simple, and cheap....any other questions that you want to rehash over and
over and over again and waste all that bandwidth?

BTW....next time you want us to read minds, please allow us to complete our
mindreading 101 class first, since we will be knowing in advance that you
are going to post in a manner that leaves many wondering what in hell you
really want...and might I suggest that if you are going to reply in a pisy
manner since no one could read your damn mind as to what you want, that you
learn to clarify in a manner when you post that all that read this know that
you do no mean to post the pic HERE but on a free website ya cheap ass
bastid.

Happy now?

-

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query
at this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

-

Pop

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT, "Walter R."

wrote:

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in
conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an
image pertaining to a post?

Thank you

Post the photo on a webpage, and provide a link in
your post.

Usenet is intended as a text only medium, and posting
anything other
than text in a non-binary newsgroup will get you a
lot of abuse, and
possibly the loss of your internet account.

rusty redcloud

Well, no, it's not likely to result in loss of their
account - that's taking it too far and sort of silly.
With so many binary groups in existance, such a
complaint wouldn't even be noticed, let alone result in
an account loss for one instance, after which the
poster would realize that, for instance, on this group,
the image just doesn't show up.

Pop

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:57:56 GMT, "Walter R."

wrote:

Please read a post more carefully before responding.
I did not ask what I
should *not* do. (I know that very well). I asked
how it *should* be done,
without posting an image to a non-binary NG. Strictly
negative responses are
a worthless waste of bandwidth.

It was not at all clear from your post that you knew
what not to do,
and it is clear from this post that you do NOT know
what to do in
regards to more than just posting pictures. Please
WRITE your posts
more carefully so that others may give you more
precise help. Sloppily
worded questions are a worthless waste of bandwidth!
Another VERY
stupid move in usenet is to tell someone they are a
worthless waste of
bandwidth after they attempt to help you, whether you
feel their
answer helped you or not.

rusty redcloud

Had you given a POSITIVE response, and told HOW to do
that, and then mentioned in passing the rest, you'd be
on solid ground. But the negativity of your post is
obvious, as is the point that you did not make the post
in the ineterst of helping the OP.

I don't normally bother with stuff like you, but you
deserve a comeback from someone who DOES know. You
must have too much time on your hands.

Pop

Pop

It varies, actually. If you have a personal web site,
which it sounds like you do not, you could just put it
there, and give a link here to that page.

There are also "free" (advertising based) web sites,
plus, even better, places that will let you put your
pictures up and then give links to them. My daughter
uses one at msn.com, I know Yahoo has one, and several
others I'm not aware of.

If you do a search on Google for "upload picture" +free
+link or some similar variation, you will probably get
at least enough hits to allow you to forumlate a
better search. I'm surprised people haven't come in
and given some URLs to these places; there are a lot of
them.

If you don't have luck soon, come back and re-ask; I
can look up some specific URLs to try. Better if you
try on your own though; then you can't blame me if it's
not just what you want g.

HTH
Pop

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in
conjunction with a query at this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an
image pertaining to a post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Walter R.

Thanks to all of you who were helpful.

Actually, I have several websites. But, they are complex and I prefer not to
mess them up just to upload one image.

Thanks to your suggestions I found a free site where people can post their
photos:
http://www.imageshack.us/ I will give them a try. There are others.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

rod

wrote:

[...]

Hey Poop, STFU. Nobody's interested in your petty, lame-ass arguments.
Get back to your room, your keepers are looking for you.
rod

Poop wrote:
It varies, actually.

STFU Poop, you old kaner.

--
poop ain't ****.
G Henslee

Poop wrote:

Well, no, it's not likely to result in loss of their
account

Who cares you old asswipe.

STFU kaner!

rod

Red Cloud© wrote:
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:35:20 -0400, "Pop"
wrote:

It varies, actually. If you have a personal web site,
which it sounds like you do not, you could just put it
there, and give a link here to that page.

You ****ing idiot, Plop. He gave a link to his own website right in
his post. Boy are you smart and useful!

rusty redcloud

Poop's an asswipe. Besides being stump stupid, Poops's never been
either helpful or smart in his entire kaner life.
Liz

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
-

Walter, you could open an account with Shutterfly (www.shutterfly.com),
create an album and upload your pix to that album, send yourself the link
via e-mail, and then copy /paste that link into a new message here. It's a
lot easier to do it than to explain it!

Liz

HeyBub

Walter R. wrote:
Please read a post more carefully before responding. I did not ask
what I should *not* do. (I know that very well). I asked how it
*should* be done, without posting an image to a non-binary NG.
Strictly negative responses are a worthless waste of bandwidth.

In future, please abbreviate the word "bandwidth" as "bndwth" thereby saving
precious bndwth.

It's for the chldrn.

Thnks

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Walter R. wrote:
Thanks to all of you who were helpful.

Actually, I have several websites. But, they are complex and I prefer not to
mess them up just to upload one image.

You don't have to mess it up. You just upload the jpg file to a directory in
the page somewhere and then post the URL in the newsgroup. You need not make a
reference to the hyperlink on the webpage to store something there... you only
have to post the complete URL for the photo in the newsgroup. As far as normal
visitors to your website go, they won't have a clue the picture's there for the
downloading. Only the folks who click on the hyperlink in the newsgroup will
see the picture.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Pop

"Carolina Breeze HVAC"
wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
[...]

Speaking of wasting bandwidth: Your post, and this
one, are total wastes. Go get a life and a thicker
skin. If you're not answering the question asked, then
you're wasting time and bw.

That's my answer to you

Pop

Pop

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:27:16 -0400, "Pop"

wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in
conjunction with a query at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an
image pertaining to a post?

Thank you

Post the photo on a webpage, and provide a link in
your post.

Usenet is intended as a text only medium, and
posting
anything other
than text in a non-binary newsgroup will get you a
lot of abuse, and
possibly the loss of your internet account.

rusty redcloud

Well, no, it's not likely to result in loss of their
account - that's taking it too far and sort of silly.

Well, I believe I used the word "possibly", and not
"likely" as you
did. It is possible to lose one's email account for
posting binaries
to a non-binary group. Some ISP's take this sort of
transgression more
seriously than others. It would be wrong to say that
it can't or
hasn't happened. It most certainly can and has.

rusty redcloud

Never say always & always avoid never. But it can be
stated as possible but not probable if you really like
to nitpick.

Pop

"G Henslee" wrote in message
Poop wrote:

Well, no, it's not likely to result in loss of their
account

Who cares you old asswipe.

STFU kaner!

Ahh, the kaner rears its ugly ass. You sure like
scatalogical references; got a fetish do you?

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Jeff Wisnia

Pop wrote:

"Carolina Breeze HVAC"
wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
[...]

I can't believe that one of you gentlemen hasn't directed one of the
others to this website by now:

http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Dr. Hankelheimer

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:47:10 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Pop wrote:

"Carolina Breeze HVAC"
wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
[...]

http://www.scatlover.com

Jeff

****REMOVE NOSPAM TO EMAIL****

Harry K

Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:
news

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query
at this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

-

1. Walter R. Aug 1, 9:16 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: "Walter R." - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT
Subject: How can I upload an image?
original | Report Abuse

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query
at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter

That is the OP

Hmmm...yep, read it, understood it. It is written in plain English,
short, succinct and to the point. I don't see where it could be any
clearer.

What does all that useless blather you just posted have to do with
anything? Either answer the question or don't bother replying.

Harry K

G Henslee

Red Cloud® wrote:
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:06:46 -0400, "Pop" wrote:

That was hardly a "nit-pick". In reality it was a low quality attempt on your
part to change and disparage what I really said. That speaks volumes about your
honesty. I'll keep that well in mind when reading any further advice you post.
You can't be trusted to tell the truth. Got it!

That is spot on.

G Henslee

Poop wrote:

Never say always & always avoid never. But it can be
stated as possible but not probable if you really like
to nitpick.

Poop, you will always and never be anything but, a piece of ****.
Nitpick on that, turdroll.
Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Pop wrote:

"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
[...]

Normally I direct them to
www.tubgirl.com

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

From: "Walter R." - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT
original | Report Abuse

Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query
at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter

That is the OP

Hmmm...yep, read it, understood it. It is written in plain English,
short, succinct and to the point. I don't see where it could be any
clearer.

What does all that useless blather you just posted have to do with
anything? Either answer the question or don't bother replying.

Harry K

Ok...answering your question again...

Unplug your computer, you are too ****ing ignorant to own one.

God, and to think, they give idiots like you degrees...

Harry K

Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:
news Please read a post more carefully before responding. I did not ask what

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: "Walter R." - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT
original | Report Abuse

[...]

Huh? Maybe you should look in a mirror.
1. That is your FIRST reply to me.
2. I don't have a degree, never claimed to have one.

That is two major errors you made in a on 3 line post post, you feeling
a bit stupid now?

Harry K

From: "Walter R." - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT
original | Report Abuse

[...]

Yea..so?

2. I don't have a degree, never claimed to have one.

Good...I do.

That is two major errors you made in a on 3 line post post, you feeling
a bit stupid now?

Nope..
Not in the least. But to quote a good friend of mine in usenet from the past
20 or so years, you CAN blow me.

Maybe you get it now.

Harry K

Noozer

Idiot... Those are NOT welcome here!

"crit pro" wrote in message
In article ,
"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a query

at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to a
post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

oh yeah?

Craven Morehead

Bite me! The fact is, I can do ANYTHING I want to in newsgroups and there's
NOTHING you can do about it. NOTHING! There are guidelines...there are
rules...but there are NO laws.

So just settle down and accept the fact that this is a community place.

BTW, when it is desirable to use images, the accepted practice is to post
them somewhere else (tinyurl.com seems to be a favorite spot), then post the
link here.

"Noozer" wrote in message
Idiot... Those are NOT welcome here!

"crit pro" wrote in message
In article ,
"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a

query
at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining to

post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

oh yeah?

Harry K

Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

Carolina Breeze HVAC wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message
oups.com...

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: "Walter R." - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:16:56 GMT
original | Report Abuse

[...]

No I can't, I don't have a microscope or a piece of micro tubing.

Harry K

noonenparticular

Yes, of course you can do anything you want in newsgroups. By the way, good
luck with the rate and validity of the responses you get regarding your
query after you do whatever you want.

You may want to consider that you're asking your audience for *help* before
stomping on them.

"Noozer" wrote in message
Idiot... Those are NOT welcome here!

"crit pro" wrote in message
In article ,
"Carolina Breeze HVAC" wrote:

"Walter R." wrote in message
Sometimes it is helpful to display a photo in conjunction with a

query
at
this NG.

What is the simplest and cheapest way to show an image pertaining

post?

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

To the group, you dont. This is a non binary group.

oh yeah?

Caesar Romano

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:19:04 -0400, in alt.home.repair How can
I upload an image? - DSC_9057_3.sized.jpg (1/1) "Craven Morehead"

"Noozer" wrote in message
Idiot... Those are NOT welcome here!

A: Nothing really. A Newsgroup, like life itself, is full of morons.
Just ignore them. Don't respond to them. Even better, don't waste
time reading their comments. They aren't likely to be able to
contribute anything worth your time.

Q: What can I do about this?

A: Some newsgroups by their nature attract people who are not
accustomed to following a logical progression of written
comments. They either lack the intelligence to do so or are
just too lazy. They read and reply to only the last comment
without any concern for, or attempt at, understanding previous
comments. Often their contribution is useless.

Q: Then why are there some newsgroups with a lot of top posters?

A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments.

Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?

A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to
rather than below it.

Q: What is "top posting"?

Read this asshole.

Panasonic TV model CT-20G11U image distortion: solved, but new puzzle chibitul Electronics Repair 3 July 15th 05 03:30 PM
Panasonic TV model CT-20G11U image distortion chibitul Electronics Repair 11 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Iron Bloomery Dave Metalworking 25 May 22nd 05 01:54 PM
monitor problem "double image" [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 August 21st 03 11:41 AM
Toshiba Television - distorted image Rob Electronics Repair 1 August 6th 03 05:27 AM