DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Retaining wall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/115596-retaining-wall.html)

rover July 31st 05 02:57 AM

Retaining wall

Have an 18 inch difference of land between myself and back yard neighbor. he
is 18 inches lower than I am.

I was wanted to put 3 6x6 on top of each other to make a retaining wall so
it is facing him and for me I can go right up to the wall with my soil and
grass. Then on top of the retaining wall I will build a wooded fence.

Anyone have a any pointers or pictures of how this can be done well so its
solid and able to hold a 6 foot fence on top of it?

thanks

Edwin Pawlowski July 31st 05 03:19 AM

"rover" wrote in message
Have an 18 inch difference of land between myself and back yard neighbor.
he is 18 inches lower than I am.

I was wanted to put 3 6x6 on top of each other to make a retaining wall so
it is facing him and for me I can go right up to the wall with my soil and
grass. Then on top of the retaining wall I will build a wooded fence.

Anyone have a any pointers or pictures of how this can be done well so its
solid and able to hold a 6 foot fence on top of it?

You need deep footings. Depending on where you live, the footings may have
to go down 48" or so. Contact your local building official for requirements
for your area and climate.