DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   White Spots on Vinyl Siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/115336-white-spots-vinyl-siding.html)

demiurge AT adelphia DOT com July 26th 05 02:33 PM

White Spots on Vinyl Siding

I have some white spots on my clay-colored vinyl siding. They appear
to be bleached spots and do not respond to cleaning. I suspect that
the previous owner used a harsh cleaner or chemical paint stripper too
near the house.

Is there a product (such as a paint) that I can buy in a small quantity
to cover up the spots?

Thanks.

G Henslee July 26th 05 02:38 PM

demiurge AT adelphia DOT com wrote:
I have some white spots on my clay-colored vinyl siding. They appear
to be bleached spots and do not respond to cleaning. I suspect that
the previous owner used a harsh cleaner or chemical paint stripper too
near the house.

Is there a product (such as a paint) that I can buy in a small quantity
to cover up the spots?

Thanks.

Yes. Read this:
http://www.askthebuilder.com/427_Pai...l_Siding.shtml

[email protected] July 27th 05 04:02 AM

Cheap siding. Virgin siding that has the same color throughout
shouldnt do this. Depending on the severity, you can try to match the
color and paint them....