DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Refrigerator Chemical Odor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/114808-refrigerator-chemical-odor.html)

[email protected] July 24th 05 11:25 PM

Refrigerator Chemical Odor

My refrigerator has an intermittent chemical odor. I am certain it
isn't food or spillage, etc. Normally it is fine, but when I turned
the thermostat down to make it colder, the inside started smelling of
some sort of chemical(freezer as well). Then when I turned the
thermostat back up, the odor diminished. I tried this twice with the
same results.

Could it be coolant (freon?) leaking or something like that? What are
my options? Any insight greatly appreciated.

TURTLE July 25th 05 05:05 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
My refrigerator has an intermittent chemical odor. I am certain it
isn't food or spillage, etc. Normally it is fine, but when I turned
the thermostat down to make it colder, the inside started smelling of
some sort of chemical(freezer as well). Then when I turned the
thermostat back up, the odor diminished. I tried this twice with the
same results.

Could it be coolant (freon?) leaking or something like that? What are
my options? Any insight greatly appreciated.

this is Turtle.

i have worked on them for a good many years but never heard that one at all.
Awwwww.

TURTLE

~^Johnny^~ July 25th 05 07:34 AM

--