DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fragile marble tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/114493-fragile-marble-tiles.html)

Fred July 24th 05 05:10 AM

Fragile marble tiles

I pick up some pretty 12"x12" marble with long vanes for my entry but man
was it ever so fragile. Over 30% breakage or defects: some of it broke as I
just pick it up, some already broke in the box and some with defects. You
could see the factory try to fix the cracked ones by applying some sort of
bond on the back side - but cracked is still cracked regardless of the
attempted repair as you could feel in on the finished surface. Is this your
experience with marble tiles?

I do say it does look very nice and once its set in mud it should be ok.

SQLit July 24th 05 04:58 PM

"Fred" wrote in message
I pick up some pretty 12"x12" marble with long vanes for my entry but man
was it ever so fragile. Over 30% breakage or defects: some of it broke as

just pick it up, some already broke in the box and some with defects. You
could see the factory try to fix the cracked ones by applying some sort of
bond on the back side - but cracked is still cracked regardless of the
attempted repair as you could feel in on the finished surface. Is this

your
experience with marble tiles?

I do say it does look very nice and once its set in mud it should be ok.

Were they cheaper than the rest of the marble?

G Henslee July 24th 05 04:59 PM

Fred wrote:
I pick up some pretty 12"x12" marble with long vanes for my entry but man
was it ever so fragile. Over 30% breakage or defects: some of it broke as I
just pick it up, some already broke in the box and some with defects. You
could see the factory try to fix the cracked ones by applying some sort of
bond on the back side - but cracked is still cracked regardless of the
attempted repair as you could feel in on the finished surface. Is this your
experience with marble tiles?

I do say it does look very nice and once its set in mud it should be ok.

It's crap. Take it back.