DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gutter installation help, please. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/114056-gutter-installation-help-please.html)

[email protected] July 20th 05 12:18 AM

Gutter installation help, please.

I have done a search on google but not found a place that shows gutter
installation for a 'do-it-yourselfer' and would really appreciate if if
someone would give me a link.

Today I bought a strip of steel gutter from Home Depot but they had no
literature and the counter guy didn't seem to have much idea about how
to do it.

Also, if you thing that there is a better material than the galvanized
steel, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Lewis.

********************************

Brian V July 20th 05 12:50 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have done a search on google but not found a place that shows gutter
installation for a 'do-it-yourselfer' and would really appreciate if if
someone would give me a link.

Today I bought a strip of steel gutter from Home Depot but they had no
literature and the counter guy didn't seem to have much idea about how
to do it.

Also, if you thing that there is a better material than the galvanized
steel, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks.

Lewis.

********************************

Galvi rusts.
Aluminum bends too easily, get's chaulky, colors fade.
Plastic, easy to work with, no painting.

As far as hanging them, it's easy, just use the right amount of fastners and
pitch for the size of the gutter you bought. Simple search on Google for
"hanging gutters" shows tons of links for the DIYer.

[email protected] July 20th 05 11:55 AM

Thanks.

"Hanging gutters" worked like charm.

I had been trying "Installing gutters" and was getting nowhere, fast.

Kind regards.

Lewis.