Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default How difficult to stucco?

Hiya,
I'm in the process of building an adobe courtyard wall at my house. I
intend to have it stucco'ed when it's complete.
I do 99% of all the work at my house myself (I didn't pump the septic system
myself or it would have been 100% ).
Initially I thought about hiring someone to do the stucco work as I've never
worked with it before. But then as I continue on with the wall, I'm
beginning to think about doing it myself to save a bit of $$. I have a
high respect for plasterer's as I have never managed to get the hang of
plastering. To me, it seems like a real art. Am I crazy to consider
this? I would be going with the standard 3 coat application (scratch,
brown, finish) if that means anything. Just curious.
Cheers,
cc